Enol Flow said 7 years ago:

Do you guys believe in falling for someone on their appearance or their personality? Personally I fall for their appearance first because in nature that is normal but thats not all that matters to me. If shes beautiful with a nice amazing personality shes a keeper. What do you guys think?

Alex Frost said 7 years ago:

I think falling for someone usually happens for looks to begin with, as I feel there has to be this attraction. However it has been the case that after getting to no someone who I originally found attractive their personality can really put you off and visa versa. I think to really fall for someone you need to both be attracted to them and really like their personality.

Enol Flow said 7 years ago:

For real. Like I see that she is beautiful so I talk to her but then if I get to know her and shes not what I expected her beauty doesn’t matter

(◣_◢)Poet said 7 years ago:

Yeah looks always come first. It has nothing to do with being superficial or not caring about personality, but as you stated, its in our human nature to take note of appearance. Even animals attract mates based on performance and appearance.

But i’m not really picky about looks; so many girls that may not feel pretty usually have a lot that is physically attractive about them; sometimes its just a matter of style.

But no matter how pretty she may be, if her personality isn’t attractive then i don’t bother. Pretty is overrated in a world where people can buy their body. You can purchase pretty, but beauty is priceless.

Raymond said 7 years ago:

Appearance does come first, because not everyone finds every other person attractive, even if their personality is really good. So basically, they have to have both appearance and personality.

Deleted User said 7 years ago:

Well from experience.
1. Fitness, if shes fit, chances are shes not some depressed heart broken psycho and actually thinks about her future like i do. Plus she will be a good fucker.
2.Natural Beauty/ little to no make up. I personally believe more make up means they are that much more insecure.
3.Bonus, if shes smart, and a bigger bonus if shes smarter than me, ill probably marry this girl:D
4. All personalities are hot except the psycho,defensive arrogant kind. Some girls act like marilyn Monroe when they are fucking street side gangas, hate those bishes

Noel said 6 years, 7 months ago:

In the past, I would have said appearance. After I met this one girl, though, I started to realize that looks aren’t everything. I’m not saying she was ugly. She is beautiful, but I didn’t notice that until I got to know who she is. She has a fanatical love of movies and has a very wacky sense of humor. I wish I could have had a chance with her.

But anyway, my point is that personality is what one should love if you want true love. Appearances help get into the door. It’s my opinion, of course.

CMacAttack said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I’d say appearance comes first, but like a couple of others have said, not in a superficial way. But personality matters 100 times more in a relationship than appearance. You could have the most beautiful girl in the entire world, but would you really still want to be with her if she had an awful personality? I don’t think too many people would.

Samantha said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Can I add something from a female perspective? I think appearance is one of the most important things in a relationship. Some people DO call it superficial, but if you’re not physically attracted to someone, in ANY way, then it can be difficult to share connections BEYOND just good conversations. But in some cases, a person can grow on you because of their personality. It’s all about preference, standards, and how far you’re willing to “see how it goes.” I think it’s about finding a balance between all things. You may have to give up big boobs if you want a level headed person. And you may have to give up late-night conversation about life, and video games if you want big boobs. There’s no such thing as a perfect girl: but there is such thing as a perfect combination for each individual guy and vice versa. Am I making sense?

AbridgedSquirrel said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Can Samantha win? I don’t even know what she can win, but she won it. GIVE HER A MEDAL.

I am a PITBULL terrier said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I don’t really feel like you “fall” for someone because of looks. I feel it’s much deeper than that. Looks create a strong sense of lust and attraction to one another which in itself is shallow and short lived personality is what a person falls in love with and is what makes you want to stay committed and together through time as you see that you are compatible with the other person and can have fun.

lostaady said 6 years, 4 months ago:

As superficial and shallow as it sounds, looks come first. Physical attraction is what compels to approach someone and flirt.

Having said that, I happen to be very picky about someone’s personality. I’ve only had strong feelings for two girls and most people agree that they are quite alike character wise (which I don’t believe is a coincidence). But it was their physical attractiveness that compelled me to become friends with them.