kaitlyn said 10 years ago:

I read to escape reality, to forget my problems, even f only momentarily. That, strangely, grounds me more into reality. That didn’t make sense, but I don’t know how else to put it.
So what about you?

Twinkly Scale said 10 years ago:

I feel exactly the same way, and sometimes when I feel so empty, almost inhuman, I lie the fact that books make me feel. Also, the problems are always solved, Idk- it makes me feel like life will either give you a solution or the strength to bear/move past problems.
In books, the characters can’t lie to you, and the author makes it clear when they are, I guess I like looking at the world from someone else’s viewpoint when mine can be quite pessimistic. Books let me escape and feel…stronger?

Starsister2 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I always felt out of place, awkward, ignored a lot of the time. I was bullied in elementary school so that didn’t really help the lonely feeling. But when reading a bok, i felt part of something huge, and included, in a world I where I can understand everything and feel some sort of control with that. Th escape from reality was pretty good too. I can focus more if I read often, the same feeling that you get from walking outside, singing, laughing with loved ones. so I guess books are my salvation.

LifenLies said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’m very different. I’ve never been one for following the crowd, I’ve always been different to other girls my age. Making friends is very difficult for me. Books give me a gateway into a different world, somewhere better I can escape too. A safe haven I suppose. I won’t be judged there, I can escape my problems and worries of reality for a little while each day.

Angelrtsy95 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I move a lot, and so I read because books are constant. They have been my friends more than people ever have. The endings never change, and characters are my friends, and have taught me about life. Picking up a book calms me instantly, and I can lose track of time in a book better than in a movie, computer, or outdoors.

katt said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I read to distract myself from what is happening around myself, and to have an adventure with out leaving my house

Julia said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I read to be inspired, to strengthen my mind and creativity. Books are able to give me a distraction, an escape into some parallel universe where I don’t have to deal with reality. Reading helps me relieve stress, and to find comfort within written words when I’m not able to find them vocally. I read to remind myself that anything is possible, and to motivate myself to continue my own story each day. (I love your icon btw, Kaitlyn!)

Vivid Melody said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Because I’m addicted to learning and discovering new things. I find it really stimulating.

As for fiction, I get really attached to the characters and they help me discover new things about myself.

foreverinpapertowns said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I agree with Vivid Melody! I read to discover new worlds I would never see in real life!
I read because it helps deal with the life I have now

Cosette said 9 years, 11 months ago:

i read to expand my perspective of the universe and to escape from everyday realities.