Humanist Hope said 10 years, 3 months ago:

By and large, my favorites are:

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
The Elric Saga by Michael Moorcock
The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony
The Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton
Practically everything by Ayn Rand
The Robert Greene collection, (consisting of:)
The 48 Laws of Power,
The 33 Strategies of War,
The Art of Seduction,
and
Mastery.

and to conclude:

The DSM-IV and Psychology college textbooks.

Valeska said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I personally love tragedies… I don’t know why. One of my favourites would be Hamlet.

I also like the dark, somewhat difficult love stories, as those in the Scarlett Letter and Thorn Birds. I thought Thorn Birds was very touching. It was a bit difficult for me to connect with, but gradually I learned to appreciate it. Love really is something tough.

The Silver Sword was just one of the most touching stories I read.

Of course, I love the Lord of the Rings. :)

arumdriya said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Mine would One Day by David Nicholls
I dunno I quite like sappy romance books so yeah

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Johnathon, I completely agree with you on the Psychology textbooks. It’s always an exciting day when I get new Psych or Soc books in the mail for school. :)

Pancake said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Twilight
New moon
Eclipse
Breaking dawn
Someone else’s life
Beautiful disaster
Walking disaster
Stolen night
The fault in our stars
Paper towns
The boy who fell to earth

StarlitSunrise said 10 years, 3 months ago:

My top three favorites would have to be:

The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards by Kristopher Jansma, which is basically this ridiculously fantastical book that become more and more believable as it delves into the real difference– or lack thereof– between truth and lies. The whole idea of it is something that I can really connect to, and it is wonderfully executed.

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak. I mainly just love this for the genius writing.

The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova. This was one of those books that I basically didn’t put down until I finished. Great for just wasting a day reading.

becausemeagan said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I guess the Great Gatsby and the Hunger games.
I don’t have a super favorite but those where some good ones! I love Meg Cabot books too

Bruna said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Into the wild – Jack Krakauer
The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
1984 – George Orwell
The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger

Lizzy said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare
1984 by George Orwell
Ender’s Game by ? (i forgot)

Liyah said 10 years, 3 months ago:

My favorite books will probably forever be The Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Maffi.

That book is my best friend :)

The Curious One said 10 years, 3 months ago:

My all time favorites are

Mortal Instruments (if you want something to fan girl over this is great)
The golden Compass Trilogy (Epic)
The Blue Sword (pretty much anything by Robin McKinley is great)
These are amazing

Oran said 10 years, 3 months ago:

My favorite book series is a tie between A Song of Ice and Fire (George R. R. Martin) which I am reading through now, and The Keys to the Kingdom (Garth Nix).

Serene said 10 years, 3 months ago:

The full volumes of “La comédie humaine” by Honoré de Balzac

The Kite Runner by Hosseini Khaled

L’alchemiste, Veronica decide de mourire and Onze minutes by Paolo coehlo.

And my colection of horror/thriller novels that I dig into most of the time, mainly Stephen King, Brigit aubert and Serge Brussolo work.

ReadMe.Hmn said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Friedrich Nietzsche. All of his works amazed me.
“The Godfather” and “Fools Die” by Mario Puzo.

And especially I’d like to point “And The Ass Saw The Angel” by Nick Cave. Has anybody read it ? What you think bout that ?

KittensAndTea said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Im currently reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I have to say its such a lovely book! Its first person and the main character Charlie is talking to the reader in letters,putting Dear Friend in every start!The film was truly beautiful,but the book is always better.The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom is my all time FAVORITE. The main character dies and meets 5 people in heaven who tell him what his meaning on Earth was. Its truly a heart breaker,but my perspective of life has changed ever since I have read it.One of my favorite quotes ‘Hatred is a curved blade,the harm we do to others we do to ourselves’ is from this remarkable author.