MusicIsMyVoice said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I realize this topic has probably been posted many times on this forum, but I’ve hit a slow spot in my reading pastime. I haven’t really found anything that has sparked my interest and I am not able to become very invested in any novels lately. What’s the most amazing book you’ve ever read? Any suggestions?

Anybody said 9 years, 8 months ago:

What kind of books do you like? Books that are amazing to me might not be amazing to you.

I can give you some faster paced books, because those tend to spark my interests after a while of not reading.

Ender’s Game- Orson Scott Card
Jurassic Park- Michael Crichton
The Knife of Never Letting Go- Patrick Ness
Graceling- Kristin Cashore
Warriors Don’t Cry- Melba Pattillo Beals
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm- Nancy Farmer

But then again, when I take a break from reading, I usually re-read my favorite books just to remind myself why I love reading so much, so you could always try that too.

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Where’s Wally.

Cloudyblue72 said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Annie On My Mind.

It took place in the 80s, so there are obvious differences between how the characters act in the book and how they would now, but overall, it’s an incredible book.

Marcus said 9 years, 4 months ago:

A favorite of mine that I only came across this summer is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It’s this really cool slightly-urban fantasy, which is written amazingly with loads of fates tied together and I just really love that sort of thing. It’s one of those with multiple points of view and complexity the reader slowly comes to understand, and it was just so good it was hitting my favorites list before I was even a quarter of the way through.

Swifting said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Amazing books that changed my ideas of the world:

The Scarlet Letter – Hawthorne
The Crucible – Miller
The Sun Also Rises – Hemingway
Speak – Anderson
The Iliad – Homer

Auspexel said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Anything by Robert Greene. He sure knows how to make you powerful.

themoonwithoutillusions said 9 years, 4 months ago:

anything by rick riordan
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Chaplin said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I think I would have to say Cat’s Cradle or Slaughterhouse-Five both by Kurt Vonnegut.

kind lamp said 9 years, 3 months ago:

The book series Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier is my absolute favorite! If you’re into magic, love, and adventure then i would recommend picking up the series.

Deanosauras said 9 years, 3 months ago:

I read Hyperbole and a half. It was amazing. Real talk, Real life. (I just turned into Kevin Hart).

But I love Allie Brosh’s writing now.

By the way, I have received so many suggestions. Thank you all. Read on….