Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

For me it’d be these:

It’s Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini – it helped me through and made me realise that I’m not alone and that I’ll be okay.
The Fault In Our Stars by John green – kind of ironic to put this on my list, considering how much this book made me cry but it’s just so perfect and I loved it.
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower – again, kind of a sad book but I thought it was amazing and it made me realise that there are people out there who have it worse.

Also, Looking For Alaska (sad but beautiful with kind of a high note ending), Paper Towns (some people don’t like this book but it really, really picked me up, I absolutely LOVED it, the sense of adventure and everything about it made me feel better) and pretty much anything by John Green just because I love his books!

BlueBowTies said 10 years, 7 months ago:

The Catcher in the Rye helped me identify with the depression and anxiety my brother was suffering through, The Perks of Being a Wallflower always reminds me that I’m not the only one who feels alone and out of control, and shows that once you find the people who ground you, they will be there for life, Pride and Prejudice is always good for an escape and a laugh. The high strung drama of victorian life and affairs, as well as the happy ending never fails to make me smile.

Adrienne said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Gossamer by Lowis Lowry is a beautiful little book. It’s fiction and maybe 150 or so pages long. It’s got coming-of-age themes and shows how well people, both young and old, can overcome fear and abuse. A lovely little story, it is.

Sami Lynn said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Paper Towns by John Green is my go to novel when I feel even the slightest bit unhappy. I am so in love with the book and forever will be. I highly recommend it.

Anna said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I lose myself in fantasy books when I am sad, so I can forget my world for a little bit.
Honestly when I want to forget things and focus on something else,
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand both help me now and have helped me in the past. Two really great series.

Matt said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Bloodtide by Melvin Burgess, as well as being one of the last pieces of real YA fiction (not just subtract-romance-add-action like most YA, John Green excluded, these days), is fantastic to get lost in.
Also, the Hitchikers Guide Trilogy of Five (or Six) lets you just marvel and occasionally laugh at the ridiculous wonder of life.

BookWormMafer said 10 years, 7 months ago:

With the risk of being laughed at… I’m gonna say that for the toughests of times, its was the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. These to series helped me through the last years of high school and the beginning of collage.