mariko said 8 years, 9 months ago:

So I’m not that big of a horror fan, however I find Stephen King’s work amazing. I watched some of his movies, and I recently read the book “Cell”.
So I was wondering if you guys could recommend me more books from him? :) Which ones are your favourite?

mlkm said 8 years, 9 months ago:

My absolute favorites are Geralds Game and The Long walk (written under the name Richard Bachman originally). I do not consider most of his books as actual horror books – he does tend to get under your skin with every single one though ;)
Happy Reading:)

mariko said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I had no idea he had a pen name, but that’s awesome! Thank you so much mlkm :) I’ll definetly check those out

gray beard said 8 years, 9 months ago:

The Long Walk (You can find this in ‘The Bachman Books’ which has four stories, including if I am remembering right, ‘the running man’.
My favorite newer book of his is 11/22/63. But really almost everything he has written has been good. Under the Dome is a great book. I have talked to people about the mini series and many characters were changed greatly, read the book. IT is one of my all time favorites also. If you have a fear of clowns, beware.

Swifting said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve read and enjoyed: “Four Seasons”.
I cannot for whatever reason get into “The Gunslinger”

I feel that Stephen King needed an editor.

jim said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I am an avid King reader and this topic is close and dear to my heart. My top 3 honorable mentions are 1. The Body 2. Shawshank Redemption 3. Blockade Billy. Now some would say that these are not actual books but “novellas” or parts of larger collections but a story is a story, right? My absolute favorite though is the time honoured classic “The Stand’” A great time waster and a wonderful journey. King may have started and built his career within the horror genre but I find his work to have matured, evolved and explores many deeper elements of the human condition. “Mr Mercedes is one that spoke to me personally…I was an ice cream truck driver for 16 yrs, albeit not a homicidal one.

jim said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Any time any one would like to talk Stephen King (or books and literature in general) I am in.