DAY said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Good (or bad) quotes from books

DAY said 6 years, 1 month ago:

If you have a good, bad, or funny quote from a book, post it!

Abyss said 6 years, 1 month ago:

“There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it’s millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”

-John Green, ‘The Fault in Our Stars’

Tiger_Cub said 6 years, 1 month ago:

“My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

GracJack said 6 years, 1 month ago:

“Where I come from, we’re more about efficiency,’ he replies. ‘A knife like this’ll skewer food, smear butter, and slit throats all at the same time.”
-Marie Lu, Champion, Legend series

Deleted User said 6 years ago:

” And in that moment, I swear we were infinite”- Stephen Chbosky, The perks of being a wallflower

cellohero said 6 years ago:

“…It’s never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name. It just shows how poor that person is, it doesn’t hurt you.” -Atticus, To Kill A Mockingbird

“…but before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.” -Atticus, To Kill A Mockingbird

“Based on her experience with men, most assumed that when you talked to them about a problem or dilemma, they were expected to offer an opinion, when all you really wanted was for them to listen.” -Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One

Enviro_ANgeL said 6 years ago:

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Cosette said 6 years ago:

“You can decorate absence however you want- but you’re still gonna feel what’s missing.”
— Siobhan Vivian, Same Difference

“All that happens means something; nothing you do is ever insignificant.”
— Aldous Huxley, Crome Yellow

Corhene said 6 years ago:

This is one of my favorites:

“Odd: I wish I could believe in reincarnation.
Chief Porter: Not me. Once down the track is enough of a test. Pass me or fail me, Dear Lord, but don’t make me go through high school again.
Odd: If there’s something we want so bad in this life but we can’t have it, maybe we could get it the next time around.
Chief Porter: Or maybe not getting it, accepting less without bitterness and being grateful for what we have is a part of what we’re here to learn.”

Corhene said 6 years ago:

“That’s your world. It isn’t mine.”
“There’s just one world.”
“No, sir. There’s a billion of them. Mine’s different from yours, and that’s the way it’s gonna stay.”

“Velocity” by Dean Koontz

Superwholock said 6 years ago:

“You have to do everything you can, and if you stay positive you have a shot at a sliver lining” – Pat Solatano- Silver Linings Playbook

cellohero said 6 years ago:

I LOVE SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK. It’s my favorite movie and because of that I just ordered the book from Barnes and Noble (I hadn’t known it was a book before I saw the movie). I can’t wait to read it (:

rose said 6 years ago:

“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
-jack Kerouac (On The Road)

The Curious One said 6 years ago:

“but i’m not pretty”

“no you’re not, and i would only go to your funeral if there was cake”

-divergent