Swifting said 10 years, 11 months ago:

My husband and I have decided that the two of us are going to start a book club: a two person book club.

We both finished our current novels and as an idea (oddly enough that he suggested) is that the two of us are going to pick up a novel and are going to have discussions about it as we read together.

The first novel:
Douglas Adams – The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I’m excited. I’ve read the beginning of the novel a few times but never beyond the first novel.

Thoughts on a BT book club?

Ruhoodenough said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Sounds fun (: It may be more reliable if people had kindles or nooks. Cause some may not be able to buy the books. But i would join, for sure! I love discussing deeper meanings, symbolism, ect. And i kinda need to start to pick up my reading c:

blackdog said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Love the idea.

sophie123 said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I absolutely love this idea. I would definitely be up for it.

Apfelle said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I think a book club could actually be perfect for this site, because sometimes distractions are what people really need to help them manage their problems. As to the abovementioned issue of people not wanting to buy books — libraries aren’t totally obsolete yet, you know. The only problem I can really foresee is that of some of the more fragile members of this community finding books with sensitive topics rather unenjoyable, and possibly becoming even more upset than they were to begin with by reading them. But hopefully there aren’t so many people who are so delicate that this would happen too often anyway.

Sounds great! :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 9 months ago:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! FINALLLY. I live for books girl

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Count me in!! and as for what Ruhoodenough said, people could always use their local library? That’s probably what I’d do.