plato said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Don’t do this. This is very harmful, especially to young people who are easily influenced.

Deleted User said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I agree. While it’s important to promote a healthy mental relationship with yourself, it’s also important to promote a healthy physical relationship with yourself. Take care of your body by creating a good balance that keeps your mind and your body satisfied. Don’t deprive yourself of things. Appreciate your body by loving it and taking care of it!

SnowyGypsy39 said 8 years, 9 months ago:

See, I think that it’s not promoting or encouraging obesity if you’re trying to teach a large person to love themselves. After all, the first step is to be ok with the skin you’re in. Trust me, I know, it’s even more dangerous to try and hurry weight loss to please others. Sometimes people end up doing it for those reasons and not knowing. If you get your mind in balance, then your body will follow naturally.

urbanAlien said 8 years, 8 months ago:

While encouraging obesity is dangerous, encouraging larger people to love themselves is not. People these days often (even subconsciously) associate being thin and healthiness. In reality, having fat or not being stick thin is often more healthy than being thin.

The idea is to promote healthiness, and spread the message the weight and size are not measures of health. Be kind to your body, eat well, and exercise. You might not end up looking like a model, but that’s not the point. Rolls are okay, so are thick thighs. That’s body positive.

Linda said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I absolutely agree with SnowGypsy39 and urbanAlien. There is absolutely no reason that a fat person (sorry if using the word fat is offensive to some, but the fat acceptance activists that I admire all use this word as a way to make it more neutral) can’t be just as healthy as a thin person given that they monitor their health and take the same steps to maintain it. Losing weight is not the only answer to being healthy, and it can certainly lead to more health problems than it solves.

rinseandrep said 8 years, 8 months ago:

“You know what really grinds my gears?? When people say we shouldn’t “glorify obesity” or “glorify unhealthiness” like what the fuck? We glorify drug use, alcoholism, and violence 24/7 but you ain’t say shit about that. But the minute a fat person expresses positive body image, you gonna say they don’t have a right to because it’s “”“” glorifying obesity”“”“??? GET THE FLYING F*** OUT OF MY FACE”

http://kellyfromthecity.tumblr.com/post/124106458718/you-know-what-really-grinds-my-gears-when-people

Kumi said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I feel like, while encouraging obesity is terrible, it can lead to serious health problems as well as emotional problems in the future. I believe that everyone is different. we all have different body types. for example, thighs. my thighs are big, they’re all muscle though. it’s not fat, just the way they were built. other people though were built with thin thighs. Like how certain people have round faces, and others have pointed faces. i think the idea is, not to promote ‘big’ girls. but to promote healthy bodies. whether that healthy body is someone who is considered plus size and maybe has bigger thighs, and their stomach area is bigger. if they’re healthy and eating right, then that’s the point. just like if someone who is stick thin so to speak is eating healthy, and is healthy, then that’s good. just because you’re bigger, doesn’t mean you can just say, well, i’m big and beautiful, and go out and do all these unhealthy things, and have a doctor even say you’re not healthy. if you’re built bigger, and you eat right, exercise (doesnt have to be every week, we all have our own schedule), and their doctor says they’re healthy. then that’s different.

I realize i probably am repeating myself, i’m sorry. I’m just trying to make a point without offending anyone.

Lost Angel said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Being a obese person myself i see and know the pros and cons to having a confidence about a persons larger size. Its important for those suffering from or struggling with obesity to have a love for themselves, encouraging them to love themselves in to a healthier state of mind and body too. But i also know the cons, telling people that being obese is wrong, personally i have seen and am experiencing some of the medical problems and pains that come with it, at least the ones relating to my size.

But on that note, i think things would be alot different if all the healthier foods were cheaper then the fattening stuff, like seriously..a fucking small salad is like 5-7 buck on the cheap side and a mc double is under 2 bucks!! Seriously if those were revered way less people would be struggling with obesity!!

melissayoung said 8 years, 3 months ago:

This is so true. Obesity should never be encouraged. But I think people are becoming more concerned about their weight nowadays. I see many reviews online regarding weight loss surgery they undergo http://www.goodsurgeonbadsurgeon.com/dr-sammy-sliwin-forest-hill-institute-of-aesthetic-plastic-surgery/loving-my-new-trim-figure/ . However, encouraging obesity is terrible and people should always be aware about it.

Blueberry said 8 years, 3 months ago:

actually, no one is encouraging obesity. but many people are encouraging being skinny or having goals to get skinny (doesnt matter *how* skinny, of course they say being too skinny is bad but in reality they dont care), even if some people would be hurt mentally by trying to get skinny they still encourage it. they dont care, they just want everyone to look the way they want them too. this thing with “encouraging obesity” isnt true. the only thing we encourage is for people to do what makes them feel comfortable and good, including working out. but many people pretend to like working out because they want to be skinny because of people who encourage thin-ness, thats why we’re always catious to tell people that them starting to work out is good. maybe they dont like it at all, as is the case with most people (remember how people complain about having to work out even when its totally optional). i myself think mental health is more important than being skinny or “fit”