Aerith said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Hello,

I hope this hasn’t been mentioned before anywhere on the site… I’d like to propose an idea or two on how to re-enable the “Create Group” function while still being able to avoid all or almost all spam.

1) Make the ability to create groups something that has to be obtained – whether it’s through a certain amount of forums posts, answer ratings, amount of time spent on the site, or all of the above. I’m sure there are more ways to do it. I think Q-n-A rating is a good place to start because most people aren’t going to up-vote those who spam.

2) Enable it for everyone (and/or for people who meet the above requirements) but have some sort of a screening process in place where the groups have to be approved before they are made available. If this is too time-consuming for site admins maybe well-experienced users can be granted the ability to approve groups if they choose?

Those are just a couple of ideas. I’d really love to see group creation enabled! There’s some great ideas for new groups out there.

Thanks,
Aerith

Hayden said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Good ideas! I like them.
Hopefully someday we’ll see the ability to create groups come back.