Angel Demon said 6 years, 8 months ago:

If you have a riddle, share it with the community :)

Angel Demon said 6 years, 8 months ago:

If you tell me the truth, I will slay you with a spell. If you lie to me, I will slay you with a sword.
What do you have to say in order to stay alive?

jj11823 said 6 years, 8 months ago:

1)A bus driver was going down the street. He went past two stop signs without stopping, went by a red light, and turned left at a “No Left Turn” sign, yet didn’t break any traffic rules. How?
2)There is a tunnel in the side of a hill. It is only big enough to hold one train, and has only one track. Two trains going the opposite direction entered the tunnel at exactly 8:00 and both left the tunnel on the opposite side and they came in 3 min. later, with no collision. How?
3)There is a family with 6 boy children. Each boy has two sisters. How many children are there?
4)What has a mouth that never eats, has a bed but never sleeps, and runs all day but has no legs?
5)If you put a coin in a bottle and you put a cork on the bottle with the coin still in the bottle, how do you get out the coin without breaking the bottle or removing the cork?
6)Two mothers and two daughters went to the mall. They had $27 and split it evenly without using coins. How is this possible?
7)A cowboy rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and rode out again on Friday. How did he do that?

Jess said 6 years, 7 months ago:

1) Was he a pedestrian? Or what this situation described in reverse?

2) Did one train go through at 8:00am and the other 8:00 pm?

3) 6?

4) A river?

5) What the.. Umm..

6) WHAT

7) His horse’s name is Friday. :P This one is an old one.

Pipistrelle said 6 years, 7 months ago:

@chibiru – Would a paradox work? ‘I’m lying’, for example.

3) Isn’t it 8? 6 boys and 2 sisters?

5) I suppose you could make a hole in the cork – not technically removing it, although it’s a bit of a cheat. …Or if the bottle has a higher melting point than the coin you could heat the bottle up until the coin was liquid and then yeah okay I give up

6) Could they do it by making sure each person had no money? Or they could use cheques or something.

Bluh I’m bad at these. But riddles.

Angel Demon said 6 years, 7 months ago:

@worshipthesquid to state that you are lying is either going to be a lie if you are telling the truth, or going to be the truth if you were lying. This still allows for a punishment to be executed. I am thinking about giving the answer seeing as how it has been posted for over a month and not one person has gotten it lol

Curious said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I’m not sure if I’d be answering the riddles or just necroing an old thread, but here goes.

The answer to the first question, to lie or truth, I do not know.

To number 6, two daughters and two mothers. A mother, her daughter, and the daughter’s grandmother. $9 each.

My own riddle – Two people are facing in opposite directions, yet they can see each other. No mirror trickery is used. How?

Angel Demon said 6 years, 5 months ago:

The answer to my riddle is; You will slay me with a sword. With this statement, no proper punishment could be executed, as being slain with a spell would indicate that you were lying, so a sword would have to be used. However, to use a sword would indicate that you are telling the truth, and a spell would have to be used.
@curiosity-lynx They are standing in front of each other, facing each other. They are facing opposite directions, however standing in each other’s view.

Angel Demon said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Also, @jj11823
1) The bus driver wasn’t driving a bus. He was a pedestrian.
2) The trains would have entered at 8:00 am one way, and then 8:00 pm the other way.
3) There are 8 children, 6 boys and 2 girls. Each boy has the same 2 sisters since they are all in the same family.
4) A river.
5) You could put the coin into the bottle and turned the bottle either on its side or upside down and then held a cork to it. To remove the coin, simply hold the cork in place and tilt the bottle so the coin falls out.
6) They are a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter. The mother plays the roles of both a daughter and a mother. $27 can be evenly divided amongst 3 people, provided you use American paper $1 bills, by dividing it into 3 portions of $9.
7) The cowboy rides a horse named Friday.

Angel said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I come once in a year, twice in a week, but I don’t come at all in a month. What am I?

It’s a Secret to Everybody said 6 years, 5 months ago:

The letter ‘E’ :D

Quiet Island said 6 years, 5 months ago:

@chibiru – I would just not talk to someone who made threats like that.

@dizzydaydreamer333 – You are the letter ‘E’.

Riddle me this:
I have one eye I often blink. Born in fire, I cannot think. To ease your conscience, come to me. I am connected with the sea.

Swifting said 6 years, 1 month ago:

@noodlebars: You’re a Light House?

You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?

The Author said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Corn on the cob!

I climb the stairs and descend them again, all without moving a muscle. Who am I?

Quiet Island said 6 years, 1 month ago:

@swifting could be a chicken… or maybe spare ribs in a throw-away packet! Also, it’s not a lighthouse (hint: rhymes with the first two lines).

@theauthor maybe a carpet? or one of those electric stair-lift thingies.