Deleted User said 6 years ago:

Hello, all. I am new to BlahTherapy, and I am just interested to know the demographics of the community members here. For instance, what would be the age bracket of the members, what countries, gender, etc?

I am also curious as to why you signed up in the site. I did because I had experienced self-harming and had suicidal tendencies before, so I would want to grab the opportunity to help someone get through depressing moments this time, now that I can help.

So far, I am having a great time at BlahTherapy. I hope to make friends with you.

The Author said 6 years ago:

Well, I’m a 17 year old male. I joined originally because I needed somewhere to let everything out, and this was the place I found. Eventually, listening became even more therapeutic than venting, so I signed up.

mini_beethoven said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I am a 16-year-old female. I joined because I was having a rough time expressing my feelings to my friends because they would all think I’m crazy or would try to interrupt me when I’m talking. I have liked giving my advice to others because no one around here likes listening to my advice so it feels good to actually get feedback on my advice that it helps. I am from the United States.

TurtleGirl20 said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I am a 20 year old turtle loving female lol. I found this site one day on google. I was googling, I need someone to talk to because I was 19, and never had a friend in my life. I came to this site May of 2013, and haven’t left since. I actually made two wonderful long distance friends on this site. I don’t have friends in my town, lol but its ok. This site is fun to me because for the most part everyone is so nice, and I can talk to mostly anyone and they will help me. I also love helping others too, even though I may not have all the answers I can at least try to help. : )( : I love this site.

Sarah said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I’m a 16 year old girl from the U.S., I’m here because my friend introduced me to this site. I have my fair share of venting, but I also like listening to people and helping if I can.

Josh Pearce said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I’m 17, I’m a boy and I’m from the UK. I joined because I felt like its a really nice, friendly community where I can talk about my problems and other things without being judged :)

CMacAttack said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I’m a 22-year old guy from the US! I happened to find the site one day and I felt like it would be a good way to try to help people out as much as I could. Nobody deserves to have to deal with these kinds of issues on their own.

i am just this girl who does stuff said 5 years, 9 months ago:

21, female. I joined because I like hearing people’s lives and stories. I like trying to help people, too, but I think it’s important too acknowledge that you are (as a listener on this site) seriously limited in the kind of help you can provide

Deleted User said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I’m 15 and from the UK, I joined because I had a load of problems in the past and it took me three years to sort most of them out and at one point I found a link to this site and signed up and forgot about it and I just re-discovered it two days ago and thought that now I’m better I could help people who are currently in the same situation I used to be in =)

Dealing With It said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I’m 13 and from the US. I joined because for the past year, year and a half, I’ve been talking to someone online about various issues. She has been busy lately what with family issues, so she directed me to this site. I have been hearing voices for almost two years, and before that, I had an eating disorder, depression, and possibly OCD. I also self-harmed briefly, and was suicidal for over a year, having made multiple attempts. I’ve been seeing things for a few months now, and feeling things as well. I have a therapist and am going to be professionally diagnosed soon, and will hopefully be getting help and possibly medicated if necessary. I’m still struggling with depression, voices, and OCD, although I have recovered from my eating problems. I came here to find people who understand and can hopefully help.

Tinay <3 said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I’m 19 and I found this site at 1000 life hacks. (: I’m just really a listener.

SimplyMiMi said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Im 23 and i found about this site through my friend and i really enjoy hearing other people’s problem while helping them solved it…its a great relief though…

Deleted User said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Im a 16 year old girl, i joined as a desperate attempt to try and find someone, a stranger, to vent to and then one day i decided i should try and repay the favor by being a listener. And then i found out you could join and there were groups, and forms, and so on :) and here we are.