Steph said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I’m 29 and live alone. This is actually my first year living alone and that freedom is something I’ve always dreamed of having. But as of these past few months, I haven’t been able to get myself to do anything productive on my days off from work. I have aspirations late at night that I’m going to accomplish so many things, and once I wake up and get the day started, I get tired and decide there’s no reason to go out. Not leaving the house and sitting around doing nothing all day is not only extremely exhausting, but it makes me feel like every day off is wasted before I return to my stressful job again. I don’t really have a group of friends to see, so I don’t have a social outlet. It doesn’t help that I’m an extreme introvert.

That was a mouthful–does anyone else experience these same struggles? I won’t argue that I’m not depressed but it’s not like I’m mopeing all day. I just simply can’t bring myself to do the things I’d love to do.

What can I do to get myself out of this vicious cycle? I’d appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

rinseandrep said 6 years, 8 months ago:

@erick244 What are the things you would love to do? How do you usually plan to approach them?

Well, I used to be a pretty avid gamer but I lately haven’t been doing much of that. But things I usually enjoy doing is going out alone to window shop or find some sort of art project or decor project. I have plenty of crafty projects in mind, but I talk myself out of it all the time, unless I’m super inspired and get started right away. It’s not like I don’t have the time, and I have the money to do it too. It’s just that push to get myself out the door. Sometimes I’ll get in the car and start driving and then just turn around and go home.

I’ve tried making a list for myself, like “reasons to be productive” and I’ll tell myself I have to do the things on the list, but no one is forcing me to so one day, a list may just go untouched just because I can say no to my own demand.

rinseandrep said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Have you done any of these projects yet before, or would you have to start something you are not really familiar with?

Generally it’s not something I’m not familiar with. When I do want to do a project, it’s something that I can get done in an afternoon.