punky said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I don’t know about you guys, but I find it’s easy for me to focus on the annoying stuff like bills and taxes and working shit jobs for shit pay just to make ends meet. When you can’t stop thinking about that it’s easy to become nostalgic for when things were easier and you had less to worry about.
I don’t want to think that way though! So I hereby dedicate this topic to all the best things about being an adult:
Eating dessert for breakfast is near the top of my list here, that and being (mostly) independent.
What makes your lists?

Kitta said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I gotta say, my kids and my career are my top things. I’ve got a career where I feel important, where I really make a difference doing what interests me – it matters to me personally in a way school never did (until college) so it makes life more enjoyable. I also greatly enjoy parenting. I get to make the rules, hehe. Though I’m figuring out in a real quick hurry why my mamma did some of the things she did and why some things drove her so crazy lmao. Seriously what is it these days with the earphones? Is my country music not good enough for your teenage ears?! lol!

Deleted User said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I would say the best part is people take you more seriously, which is a joke in itself.
Its a good thing, I look ripped and 25ish, whenever I tell people I’m 21, the first thing I am met with is ohhh youre soo young, kinda annoying really, but not everyone is like this!

Humanist Hope said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Being responsible for myself is definitely the chief perk for me.

Alex said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I had very controlling and demanding parents so just the damn freedom.

*Amiz* said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Best thing about being an adult for me is my children, as they bring back all the excitement like Christmas back. When before having my little darlings I wasn’t bothered about holidays. That and no longer living under my parents rules, actually working and keeping a roof over my head. :) it has its negatives but a lot of positives too I guess.

Silver said 7 years, 11 months ago:

i agree with @Alex – freedom

Deleted User said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Having control over my life.

zac said 7 years, 9 months ago:

walking around naked, having beer for breakfast :)

Truthful Turkey said 7 years, 8 months ago:

I’m really glad you people have this topic going on, because I’m a young adult of 22, but sometimes I feel as if I were still 17. I moved out at that age and now I’m temporarily back with my parents to get my life back on track and I feel so incredibly dependent. I really want to become independent, but frankly, growing up scares the shit out of me sometimes. So thanks guys for reminding me that being an adult can be good too:).

Ps. I really approved of the comment about walking around naked and having beer for breakfast.

bluebeetle said 7 years, 8 months ago:

I’m 21 but I still feel like I did when I was 17 it’s weird.

Deleted User said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Women.

Arkindaheart said 7 years, 4 months ago:

best thing of being an adult is that you can impart wisdom to younger people and inspire them. The more you’re exposed to pain and challenges, the wiser you are. There are times when i couldn’t carry all the burdens in life and every time i felt like that i always have to be the one to find a way up which is to live life and try learning to forget the worries of the world.

Sandman said 7 years ago:

Freedom son!

Deleted User said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Nothing. I don’t wanna be adult.