zyx12321xyz said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I didn’t even know this site existed until I saw a picture someone had made with a long list of useful sites. I’m currently going through a rough patch in my life and came here to vent – although I’ve yet to do so. I have enjoyed trying to help some people, though. :)

Deleted User said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I’m going through a pretty rough spot myself. Nothing I do seems to be helping, no matter what I try, and I’m afraid if I just keep going to the people I’ve been going to for help, I’ll eventually just drive them away.

I don’t think I’ve ever been in such a desperate situation in my life.

Caiti said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I heard about the site through another site. I am so happy I did. Thank you all for being there for me. I am there for you all too.

Liz said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Sometimes I need someone to listen and other times I want to be there for someone when they vent. I’m here for many reasons but I would say that’s the main one. I like the give and take.

Mia said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Thinking things brought me here.

That wasn’t meant to be a smart assey answer, but it sounded like one: I heard about this website through tumblr, thought maybe it might be helpful for me. Tonight I came here because I realized some thoughts I’d been having need to be paid attention to and this website will help me (a) pay attention and (b) get help if it’s needed!

Also I’m interested in psychology but haven’t told anyone about it. I want a community where I don’t have to go by my real name, where I can learn more about psychology and what careers are out there and as I learn more about myself be equipped to decide whether it’s something I should pursue!

Deleted User said 8 years, 1 month ago:

A mixture of loneliness and wanting to help others :)

Musical Loventic said 8 years ago:

I enjoy talking through problems with people in the hope that I can make a difference to someone for the better. I am really shy so meeting new people is difficult face to face but this site gives me confidence to talk to people. I think I give relatively good advice, even if I don’t always follow it myself.

Jess said 8 years ago:

I heard about this site from another place and figured it was worth looking at. Once here I noticed there were people that have dealt or are going through similar things as me so I decided to stay to help where I could and get advice when I had no one else to ask

ima_snaaake said 8 years ago:

I have issues with my mother. She recently moved in wit me and is ruining my life and way of living. I also lack “real friends”.

CylonBabe said 8 years ago:

I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression since I was a child. I got help but was still bullied throughout school, it didn’t help that I didn’t conform to gender stereotypes and was “out” as (then) bisexual. Anyways, I was able to get help when I was a child and teenager, but once I hit 18 resources became scarce. I’ve been looking, but haven’t been able to find a suitable psych :( Being a young adult sucks! Oh, and my depression has gotten worse, some days I barely have the energy to take a shower or get dressed. Sigh.

ordy said 8 years ago:

Well , what brought me here, well the answer is quite obvious.

You

Brody said 8 years ago:

My wife almost left after 14 years of marriage and two kids. Anxiety over work, bills, and kids…who isn’t?

biem said 7 years, 11 months ago:

Just to make this topic active. :)

Well, I’ve seen this in a tumblr post under ultrafacts. And check if this is true. IT WAS AWESOME. I love this. Although, I have already cope up with my depression last year, I feel like I want to help the others.

It’s satisfying after all.