Alayna Clair said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Hey guys. Long time no see!
I’ve been taking care of a few things, so sorry I haven’t been around.

I was on the app “whisper” earlier today, talking with a teen about “fear”.

Let’s be honest, as “tough, brave, and strong” as we all like to think we are, there is something that brings fear to every one of us.

So… what do you fear? Even as an adult? What phobia(s) do you suffer from?

For me… you have your basics. Rejection. Abandonment. Loneliness.

I fear the unknown from time to time, depending on the situation.

Im terrified of bees.

Oh, and everyone finds it adorable that I get jumpy, and am scared of the “POP” from opening a can of biscuits, or popping a balloon.

I also have emetophobia, which….has honestly always been my biggest struggle when it comes to facing phobias.

Emetophobia is the legitimate fear of throwing up and/or witnessing someone else throw up, whether it be by sight, sound, or smell. And sometimes, even just the thought alone can cause problems. Hell, just the WORDS vomit…. *shudders*
As you can imagine, it causes severe panic attacks and high levels of anxiety.

What’s really bad about it is how it’s taken over my life.
When Flu Season hits, I basically quarantine myself inside my home as much as possible. And when I have to leave for work or to go grocery shopping, it’s a nightmare.

I’m definitely the worst at restaurants, or when it comes to eating in general. I’ve had food poisoning so many times it’s unreal. So I’m constantly checking dates, constantly asking others “does this smell ok to you” and when I go out, I’m “that one friend” that always sticks with fries and chicken tenders.

One day I’d love to have my own children. What will I do when they’re sick?

It’s a real pain in the ass, that’s for sure. But… today is a good day, so I’m grateful of that.

So what about you?

Share your fears, and if you cope with them, how? Below!

Hugs***
Alayna