Snusmumrikken said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I am an atheist because, when I look back on it, I always was one. Sure I went to the congregation of the society of friends, but I didn’t think anything of faith or gods. When I went to middle school, I had a piqued interest in science and when I saw some of the things said by the fervently religious, I saw it as “Old man yells at a cloud” fare. I can’t really say I questioned my faith when I never had any to start with.

redlonnerlfc said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Im an Atheist because well my family never attended religious activities and even as a kid i always thought its silly to believe in God. But when i really thought about it was the bad things that happen in this world either God if a fucking asshole ore he doesn’t exist :)

Deleted User said 9 years, 3 months ago:

I’m Atheist because believing in something without good cause or evidence is stupid and illogical.

A. said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Well, my parents are both religious, but they never really did much to teach us about their religion beyond some bible story videos for kids. We never went to church or anything because my mom has back problems and can’t sit for a long period of time. So, pretty much, I spent approximately 13 years of my life like “Yeah, I believe in God. I never read the Bible, but my parents say he exists, and they’re smart, and they already told me Santa didn’t exist, so I guess they truly do believe that God exists, so I should believe that, too. I would read the Bible, but I have the attention span of a rabbit.” It wasn’t until I started battling depression and anxiety that I really started doubting the existence of God and started watching videos from Atheist youtubers, and then I finally read the Bible for myself, realized how ridiculously unscientific, crazy and horrific it was, and didn’t want anything to do with it.

Peanutter said 9 years, 2 months ago:

A string of life events lead me towards Atheism in general. When my parents divorced, which was painful to experience at 11 years old, god never stopped the pain.

People say that god doesn’t make mistakes, so people come up with fanatical theories to why certain people were destined to die. That this persons death was a “message” from god to be more loving. Which doesn’t seem logical at all in certain cases.

I actually asked a friend a while ago why he became an Atheist, and he said when he was younger he saw a child get run over by a car. That child did not survive.

Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

religion is a disease that blinds humans, that creates false explanations and mystify simple things just because, is the evolution of the myths we lived in the past, and a ilogical response coming fro the ignorance, when the most of the people think in minimal effort principle, they just carry the idea, and mystic entities become stronger on our world, non existent beings get real in the minds of people.

i am an atheist, because i reject any kind ingnorant answer, any shortcut “just because” and i reject any brainwash that childs suffer since they burn just because they born in a family who thinks that their beliefs are the right ones.

don’t get me wrong, there is people, and people, good ones and bad ones with and without gods, there are religions who teach to do the well for eachother, but you can get rid off all the mystic forces and still have a good idea, a good guide to live, without ignorance, without 20 arms elefant face gods, or a recycled roman or greek god and believe is the “only truth”

Spectrolite7 said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I feel like now I am atheist because at first I was raised catholic, went to a private catholic school, it was horrible btw… They cramped us with homework and I was left back one for failing just one class. It was the most horrible experience early in my life. As I grew up I didn’t really like going to church, so I didn’t go for a while then I met some Christian people one day, they invited me to a bible study… I ended up leaving that group because one of the people were using the Bible to tell me I was a coward because I was quiet… and kind of a shy person. So I was in college at the time when that happened… then I started to get into other spiritual stuff having to do with shrooms, lucid dreaming, gemstones, crystals.. my life at the time was still affected by my belief in there being a God but not a God like the one in the Bible. So some years went by and I got more and more spiritual to the point that I was then into the new age type of beliefs and was into positive thinking and the abraham hicks way of thinking and the secret and I realized that no amount of positive thinking actually changed things… I could be going through horrible abuse by others but trying to keep my thoughts positive because that will make it go away… Which did not happen… I realized at a point like last year that thinking the the universe is listening to you and that it makes things happen like if it were a God or something is just B.S.

The only person in control of my life is me and should be me… there is no God in the sky or a universe that makes good things happen to you… We just live with Nature… Something about watching American Horror story made me feel that there is in fact no GOD at all because in one of the episodes there was a nurse that was praying to God not to get killed by some killer and she got killed… and that’s often how life is… we wish and pray for help and the help never comes… help only comes if you actually talk about what it is you need help with… It takes some kind of action for things to work out. It doesn’t work with just praying or hoping alone… you have to meet others half way and that how change is made… if you never talk about how you are doing, how will anyone know how you are… ?

Sorry if how i write sounds weird… it was hard to write this.

Deleted User said 9 years ago:

I am an atheist because there is no physical evidence of God. There are physical evidence of evolution. And The bible was written by men not God. And Jesus didn’t die for our sins and he wasn’t the only one crucified, thousands of people were crucified. also apparently Jesus defeated Satan over 2000 years ago but if he did then why should we be scared? also if there was a god that so called loved us then why would he send us to hell for making mistakes? and if he does exist why would he abandon us here?

Humanist Hope said 8 years, 4 months ago:

I am an atheist because:

Magic is not real.
Science has proven that there were never a “first man and woman”
A woman who conceives through parthenogenesis cannot give birth to a male
Snakes and donkeys cannot speak the way humans do
Bats are not birds
The world has never been flooded above the height of Mt. Everest
All the animals of the world could never fit into a ship smaller than the Titanic
A man cannot live for three days in the stomach of a whale
There is no credible evidence of the existence of the Jesus figure
There is no archaeological evidence to support the Exodus story
All credible studies about prayer show that the “success rate” is negligible

The core aspects of the Abrahamic faith have been thoroughly debunked by science, therefore it cannot be true. We do not need to disprove a god, disproving the claims used to justify religious faith is more than enough.