Niceguy said 8 years, 6 months ago:

“I have noticed that even those who believe that everything is predetermined and we can do absolutely nothing to change it look before crossing the road.”
-Stephen Hawking

PS:- Just thought something insightful I should share.. ;)

Ketsleh said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Haha, isn’t Hawking wonderful? :)

It’s so interesting pondering free will. I’m not sure what my thoughts on free will are exactly. I’d like to think that I have it, but I understand that very well may not be the case. I feel like really the question of free will is just something for pondering for short periods of time. Whether or not we have free will, we’re still going to live out our lives the best we can. :) That’s how I try to think of it!

Kimor4 said 8 years, 6 months ago:

The longer I live the less I believe in predetermined ‘Fate’. Mostly from observing students in school. Teens who choose to party over the weekend and toss books into the corner of their rooms and then when they are failing school they curse God for making them stupid or they say “I can’t change, it’s the way God made me.” No it’s not, it’s the way you choose to be. I have several girls at school who are spiteful to me because I have good grades and then when the teacher is lecturing the same ones are in the back giggling and using snapchat. Then they wonder what the future holds for them. They believe that their futures are dim because that’s what God has planned for them and that God picks favorites because myself and several others are doing well in school due to our choice to put in an effort. It really gets under my skin that people actually lose faith because they still cannot grasp some responsibility for their own lives. I apologize if I isolated anyone with the use of my religion, but that is just the way I see it. Your choices are your choices. You can either take responsibility for yourself and be the director for you own life, or you can sit there like a piece of driftwood in the ocean and remain oblivious to the fact that you are just going to have to settle with whichever way the wind blows. Rocky bays or sandy beaches, you’ll never know. But that is your decision.

“You see, Doctor, God didn’t kill that little girl. Fate didn’t butcher her and Destiny didn’t feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn’t seem to mind. From then on I knew… God doesn’t make the world this way. We do.”

io.oi said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Life is a series of equations, as Sir Isaac Newton discovered. There is no true “free will” in life, only probability and statistics. You can fight it all you want, but ultimately, you’ll probably end up a statistic. ;)

leslie said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I believe that there is fate, and the “crossroads” are included. i imagine my path in life as a tree. Starting out from a seed and sprouting in life. Your crossroads or life choices are the branches you chose to follow, but the tree is already grown. You only get to chose an option that was ultimately already laid out for you to chose. (just my opinion)

Siddharth Raj said 8 years, 5 months ago:

If you combine all the factors in the whole universe from the conception of time and matter till today, fate will make sense. You will be able to predict what will happen next. But it is beyond mankind to comprehend. Fate exists, but we will never be able to see it. I feel we are just puppets with invisible strings. Having said that, I will still look thrice before crossing the road because my mind refuses to believe I am not in control.

Actually, try to view it from the perspective of a being in a higher dimension than time. Don’t think like what will happen, try thinking of it like what has happened.