Cortona said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Ciao! Lately I’ve been trying out this cool thing called Morning Pages. What a morning page basically is, is a notebook that you write e v e r y t h i n g that is on your mind when you wake up. So you wake up, crawl out of bed, get out your notebook and pen, and you write down all of your “cloud thoughts.” These “cloud thoughts” are thoughts and ideas that get stuck in your head and distract you. By getting rid of these cloud thoughts, you are clearing away the roadblocks that are stopping you from using your full potential of creativity. I’ve found that morning pages help me out a lot with getting rid of all of my different wonderings, as I get distracted VERY easily.
Here is an example of a morning page I wrote:
“Good morning. I just woke up at Sylvia’s house and I really have to pee.
“And now I’m realizing I have a bug bite behind my ear, which sucks. I slept with my iPod on my stomach last night, which kinda hurt.
“Now I’m nervous I won’t be able to fill out all three pages and I can hear my neck creaking. My face is soft but my eyelids are sticky. I can taste that I didn’t brush my teeth last night…”
And so on and so forth. Go ahead, write down everything that is stopping you from being who you are today.
Vent.

fallen killjoy said 7 years, 1 month ago:

i like this idea its very interesting. i keep a dream journal and any morning i wake up and remember the dream i had i immediatly write it down somehwere and transfer it into my dream journal.

Lauren said 7 years, 1 month ago:

I have a notebook right next to my bed! I should totally start doing this! I’m working on a multi-chapter fan fic and I can write about a chapter at once and then I came to a block and take a break for about a month. It’s frustrating, so maybe this will help.