lyrically unchallenged said 9 years, 11 months ago:

How do you get your idea as an aritst? Where? When?
Or have been having trouble with new ideas whether artist you are.

Dreamer The Arts said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Tumblr is a great place for me since there’s so many inspiration quotes and photos. There are a better variety of beautiful photos on that site than i can find on google images. Music is also a great influence because of the mood and lyrics it provides in a song.

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

An idea is like a lil fly, it flies around, impossible to notice, and even harder to catch.

Most of the ideas pass us by, without us acting on it, or noticing it, moment when we grab it/actively notice it, instead of being blind , is when its our idea, like its born as we grabbed it/ chose to find it!!!

Atleast, thats how ideas originates in my world;p

lyrically unchallenged said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I agree with both you guys, they really all help the mood. I’m more a writer/songwriter so my ideas can be just real life situations or pretty words put together.

Siddharth Raj said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Ideas, as far as I have noticed, stem from these two:

1. A story, moral, message, etc. that you, as an artist, wish to share with the audience.

2. A formula, structure, etc. the audience can never get enough of and therefore, you cater to them.

On a more general note, novelty begets ideas. A new experience, fact, situation, dialogue that makes an impression on the artist will make him wonder. The impression is only due to it’s novelty.

Whenever I need fresh ideas, I expose myself to a lot of creative work. Music, writings, movies, games, my own life, etc. Having said that, I still tend to write from my own life situations. The same does not apply to the films I have made.

One exercise that really helps me is listening to instrumental music. I turn off all the lights, play the song on quite a high volume and close my eyes. I, automatically, start coming up with different situations for different characters and take the story from there.

Hope you find your inspiration soon.
Cheers!