Cathy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

So im starting to get into anime but I want to know what ones you recommend.. books or programmes.
Preferably something that isn’t too hard to follow im really bad with complicated programmes xD

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I really love Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish). It’s super cute.

Llamageddon said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Alright, I watched tons of shows, so let me recommend you some :p

Natsume Yuujinchou – the kindest characters I’ve ever seen. The perfect balance of heartwarming and some drama/action. Simply not possible not to love every single of the characters.

Mushishi – slow paced, but charming, mysterious, leaves you wanting more. A sequel is airing now.

Nichijou – slice of life comedy, but this one has no fanservice, or anything similar. It has an unique art style, and funny humor, a very nice show.

Seirei no Moribito – a story of a female bodyguard saving a prince. Fun, very much so.

Planetes – near future, very hard sci-fi(technology in it is only what we already know to be possible) about orbital trashmen, who collect debris. One of the best female leads out there, and other characters are good too. It’s funny, fun, interesting. An awesome story, with a mix of some philosophy and politics of space expansion.

Psycho-Pass – a bit brutal every now and then, it’s a story about a police force in the future, also has one of the best female leads out there(she’s strong, and she grows up, so to say)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – the premise is nothing special, but the story, the characters, the music and the art, it’s just simply top notch, and a must watch for anyone, ever.

The Tatami Galaxy – weird show, not for everyone, I’d say it’s a story about regret, life choices, friendship, in a very weird style. And the characters talk at light speed.

Eve no Jikan – a nice movie, about the future, and artificial intelligence. A very good show.

Hoshi o Ou Kodomo – insanely beautiful art, fun plot involving a world inside earth, and “magic” of a lost civilization. If nothing else, it’s beautiful. If something, it’s fun.

Shinsekai Yori – the best written story I have ever seen in anime.

Ojiisan no Lamp – a short story, 24 minutes long, with a seemingly boring premise, not perfect, but it’s one of the few shows that (almost) made me cry

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

ooh!
- Ouran high school host club is a great anime! (brings out my inner fangirl)
-Skip beat (one of the BEST animes)
-Special A
-Vampire knight (2 seasons)
-Hana kimi (a japanese drama)
-Fruit basket
-Clannad (be ready to cry)
-Gakuen alice
-Negima

They are all incredible; most of them are romantic so they might be super sappy. You have been warned ;)

Jesper said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I quite enjoyed The world only god knows ^^

Xatnys said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I haven’t watched a ton of anime but i’ve watched a few that i’d recommend to anyone.
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal ALchemist
Death Note
These are all different animes with much different stories and settings but what they all share are great stories, a good sense of humor, good artwork ,phenomenal music and great action scenes.

Rachel H said 9 years, 11 months ago:

My favorites are Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
I’m pretty obsessed with Attack on Titan atm, haha but it can be hard to follow sometimes. But the dub just came out and its on Toonami on Saturdays. The mangas are excellent and you can read them all (so far) online.
Fullmetal Alechemist: Brotherhood though, I don’t think anyone should miss, it’s wonderful :) I also reccomend Brotherhood over the original Fullmetal Alchemist, since Brotherhood follows the manga closely and has a more satisfying conclusion.
I also like Death Note, and Dragon Ball Z is a fun one that’s easy to follow too. :)

Ms. Pocket Dragon said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Attack on Titan
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Sword Art Online
The Devil is a Part Timer!
Deathnote
Valvrave the Liberator
Bleach (Classic if your into a long series)
Madoka Magica

Thats a small start. There’s plenty more where that came from. For great anime movies check out:

http://m.imgur.com/3CY4W9e

Emma said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I love Azu Manga Daiho. It’s a lovely story about a young girl who ends up in high school even though she’s only 8. There is a lot of funny stuff and it’s adorable.

Aman said 9 years, 11 months ago:

try inuyasha …..its a nice one i finished it just recently….awesome show …like it so much.