Kira said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I wonder if there are some animes about depression or atleast something alike, I’m curently watchin the first season of Clannad and I really like it

Noir said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I don’t know too many that would be completely about depression, but I know that the following would have elements.

1. Air (has a blood female protagonist not to be confused with air tv)
3.elfin lied (violent but sad)
4.Byousoku 5cm (sad story line/film)
5.Haibane Renmei (emotionally wrought)

Sunny said 9 years, 11 months ago:

anohana but it is not so much about depression

GameyFreak said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Watamote is a show about a girl who seems to have a Social Anxiety disorder (not exactly depression, but she is usually lonely) however, the show is a comedy and occasionally makes jokes at the main character’s expense due to her disorder. I’m not sure if this show could be perceived as offensive or relatable to you, but perhaps you could look up so info on it and check it out!

♡ SPiCa ♡ said 9 years, 10 months ago:

EF: A Tale of Memories and Melodies- I’m not sure which one is the first season but it deals with problems within these people’s lives and how they found someone to share that pain with. It’s a bit slow and the anime style of narration is a bit weird but if you watch it through you’ll understand the impact the anime can have as a whole
Anohana: It’s about a group of childhood friends who have grown apart over the years. The memory of their lost friend still lingers and it’s up to them to grant her last wish. I would highly recommend it.
Kanon and Air: Both animes are from the same company called Key so you should go check it out if you liked Clannad. Has the same type of story and the same art work. And even some of the same voice actors :3

Miss Cupcakeface said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’d recommend Myself; Yourself. I watched it a while ago and remember really enjoying it. It had parts about depression in it. It has romance and is based in school like Clannad. The basic premise is about a guy returning to his hometown to attend school after many years.

You can watch the entire show for free here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/myself-yourself