luckycat said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hi, so I am in a tough spot. I transferred schools this year (a high school junior) because I didn’t like my old school even though I had friends. At my new school I have no friends and I hate the school. I dread school everyday and feel like I should just drop out and get a ged or an online high school diploma. My home life isn’t too good and I am lost in general. Advice?

shnaw said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I would try for a little while longer. Sometimes it takes a little while before you make/find friends but chances are, if it’s a big school you’ll find some friends. I know that when I felt lost I just went to the library at lunch and read. Just keep busy and get involved in your own life and try to figure out who you are in general, go out and try new things. You’re young and not tied down in any way. Just be nice to everyone and don’t be negative. People are more attracted to positive people. I wouldn’t worry about finding friends they usually just come into your life unexpectedly. If your home life isnt that great I’d suggest staying away from home or try to understand your parents way of looking at things and negotiate your side and ask for them to respect how you feel. But if you don’t have a very good home life I wouldnt suggest online school; it just might make it worse. Honestly, if you arent getting bullied or anything just try to stick it through.