Jane said 7 years, 6 months ago:

What have you struggled with? what are your addictions?

hmmm. mine, cutting burning food problems pills and other drugs id rather not name.

Your story?(:

ALA said 7 years, 6 months ago:

I’ve been bullied for 10 years literally half my life. I’m 20 years old. I am addicted to cigarettes. I have tried alcohol, prescription pain killers, and weed in the past, but found it just makes my depression worse. I have cut myself back when I was 14, but am too afraid of killing myself because I’m afraid of hurting the ones I love.

lulu said 7 years, 6 months ago:

My past is weed, cigarettes, cocaine, xanax, adderol, acid and my drug of choice, percocet. Co-dependent relationship and abusive relationship. Cutting, body image issues, suicidal thoughts, depression and anxiety.
Although this is a hefty list I am able to be content with it all because it’s what i’ve overcome. Our past does not define who we are!!

timj said 7 years, 6 months ago:

Mine is MMORPGs. Yes, sounds pretty tame right? Well guess what, it almost ruined my marriage and my life. Been playing games of this genre for 10 years until about a month ago. My wife was about to leave me partially due to me neglecting her and the family so much to play that she eventually turned to online chat sex to find companionship. The fallout from that convinced me to change and her to change. Honestly, it is the most devastatingly wrong thing I ever did to my wife and my family. I feel incredibly awful about how badly I screwed up. She feels incredibly awful about turning to other men and women for online chat sex. Both of us gave up our addictions and are trying to forge a new path together.

aquirophobic said 7 years, 6 months ago:

Acid, speed, oxy, alcohol, and low self esteem. On my way to getting better though.

The Giggle Blizzard said 7 years, 6 months ago:

Alcohol and cigarettes in the past and I’ve always struggled with a video-game and internet addiction. Also had a period when I abused mushrooms, but I’m not sure I can call that an addiction.

enigmatic octopus said 7 years, 6 months ago:

My addiction ran pretty rampant for most of my adolescence. I pretty much used whatever I could get my hands on and I’d rather not go into my drug of choice. But! After plenty of relapses and what have you, I finally found my place in recovery. It may not be for everyone but it certainly helped me. I’ve also struggled with overeating, cutting, burning, all sorts of self harm.. eating disorders.. whatever. Really what it all boiled down to was a self deprecation that had deeply rooted itself when I was just a child.

But we can get better and we will :)

Deleted User said 7 years, 4 months ago:

I’ve been addicted to cigarettes since I was 13 and caffeine since WAY before that. Ergo, the hardest two to kick.

Now for stuff that matters a little more.
I took pain pills from the time I was 17 and prescribed them (I’ve had a few prescriptions in my life, but mostly I’ve bought them. Holy hell I’ve spent way too much money on that junk)From 17 until 22ish I wasn’t that bad. Then I made the progression from taking maybe 10-15 mg of Percocet or Vicodin here and there to 20-30 mg of that daily and then around January 2012 to buying OCs and Diluadids and Sobos. Back down to about 25 mg of Vicodin daily and then finally, three weeks ago on Monday. I stopped. Which in theory is great. But I’ve had a hell of a time for the last 3 weeks physically and mentally.

Now I’m drinking again. From April 2013 until I quit pills, I maybe drank on five occasion and was only drunk on one of those. I’ve been drunk every night now for a week because with no pills, I can’t sleep. So I’m bored and staying up all night and drinking. But it’s much easier for me to quit drinking I’ve done it a few times before and had it last for a couple years, not quite as unhealthy as the pills I was taking, and a heck of a lot cheaper. I’m going to have to stop though, because classes starts again in about 3 weeks.

The Curious One said 7 years, 4 months ago:

heavy depression my whole life, that I am trying to get over, death, too many deaths

Bamboo Panda said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Monster energy drink yep sounds lame huh well it was serious until about one month ago when i quit i got so addicted that i had to have at least 10 a day to get a buzz and then the next day during school i would have awful cravings i got so addicted that i couldnt go one hour without one