BrokenShadow said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Okay so I have a bit of an addiction to Caffeine. Drinks like Pepsi, Mt.Dew and other beverages I just can’t get out of my system. I’ve tried quitting cold turkey and just drinking water and that just doesn’t help. Is anyone that can help with trying to help me gradually wing myself off of it or not have the urge to drink it as soon as I wake up?

Rain said 6 years, 8 months ago:

You have to build it down in steps. For example, if you drink one glass when you wake up, try to only drink half a glass. Drink a bit lesser of those things every day. If you build it down slowly, your body won’t even notice. After a while, you might notice something and feel the need to drink more, but you can overcome this. They say it takes 3 weeks to make something a habit. So if you can hold it out for 3 weeks, it’ll be easier.

You can also try to reward yourself. For example, if you manage to drink one glass lesser every day for an entire week, buy something nice for yourself or allow yourself to do something fun. Little rewards may make it a bit easier to hold on. Good luck.

I’ve tried drinking less and less each day and building down the urge for not wanting it. The thing is, since I’ve been addicted to it for so long, I’ve developed headaches whenever I go without it for a day or so and it gets to the point where I just need it so I can make my headache go away.

Rain said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I think in pharmacies they have pills and special bandages with caffeine in them. Maybe you could give those a try? It’s understandable to have headaches when you stop drinking those. That’s a symptom your body gives you because your body demands you to keep drinking it. You’re used to it, so when you don’t drink it, your body complains. It’s not great to have a headache, but within time it gets better. In the long run it’s better to hold on. Eventually after some days it’ll get easier and after a few weeks it’ll be natural and you won’t miss it anymore. The first step is really wanting to make a change and you’re already taking that step. The second step is action. You don’t need to drink that crap. Your body does not need it. Keep in mind why you want to reduce this. You can do it.

I just gotta have that positive attitude like I used to have but lately I just want to get back into being healthier. I mean, I’ve already been exercising, but I feel dizzy because the caffeine isn’t in my system. But hopefully the baby steps will help.