- "Hi, any users from Singapore?I’ve set up a Carousell account! I’m selling all sorts of things — Pokémon, stationery, clothes, toys, cards, miscellaneous stuff — at affordable prices. Every cent I make on my […] "View
Experience with: Careers, Education, General, Grieving, Relationships, Sexuality
- "this really has not been a good week lol: a lot of money is missing from my bank account, my pandemic money is not showing up in my account, a family member tested pos for covid and if they have it I probably have […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Addiction, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "Well it’s definitely been quite sometime since Ive posted on here!!
Certainly not feeling myself today,, Im feeling so so overwhelmed it’s not even funny! I really feel like Im literally about to explode!! "View
Experience with: Abuse, Addiction, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Marriage, Parenting, Relationships, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "It’s been awhile, but I wanted to check in. Doesn’t seem that much has changed around here, which comes as a major disappointment, but not necessarily a shock.Anyway, I think I need to vent. It doesn’t really […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Bullying, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Mental Disorders, Phobias, Relationships, Self Harm, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
- "Did I do the wrong thing? – so a couple of months ago my ex texted me saying Happy Birthday to me and at first I didn’t know who it was until he told me. I decided to cave in and give him my social back, we added […] "View
Experience with: Bullying, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Relationships, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "So my granny told my mom she thinks I’m pregnant because I have been gaining weight. The thing is, I hardly eat due to an eating disorder I had as a child that never really went away and therefore caused me to […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Bullying, Careers, Depression, Education, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Parenting, Phobias, Relationships, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
- "I’m drifting in and out of rational thought. There is a part that is screaming to act on some primal urge to do what I want, what I perceive everyone else won’t care about. The assumption of their nonchalant […] "View
I am a Humanist; I believe in the positive potential of the human being, and I trust in mankind's drive to prevail.
I am an atheist; I do not believe in the supernatural nor do I put any stock in superstition, but neither do I look down on or mistreat those who do.
As a Humanist, it is my prevailing goal to reach out to the best in people and to establish a dialogue whereby we can come to mutual understanding and share compassionate discourse.
There are so many people looking for so many answers, and if I can provide even a small amount of relief, even a single perspective that leads just one person to an answer that enriches their life, then I have done what I seek to do as a Humanist.
People search for the meaning of life, and we are fortunate to live in an era where that question has been answered; the meaning of life is to give our own lives meaning. Nobody can do this for us, it is our duty to exhaustively seek the truth in things for ourselves, and to define ourselves. It is that pursuit of truth that is most paramount in life; we all want answers, and we all want to be happy, but so many people are satisfied with gentle lies in place of harsh truths. Even a gentle lie becomes a ripping truth when the lie eventually dissolves.
In the end, reason is our only method of seeing the truth, it is the means to our survival and happiness, and to willfully turn aside from the truth is treason to oneself, because the only sovereign we can allow to rule us is reason and evidence-based perspective.
Always remember that you deserve the same chance as anyone else at pursuing your own happiness. Never allow anyone or anything to stifle your will to live happily. Most importantly, never forget that you matter and you are not alone.
CRISIS SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. For LGBT support: The Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386. Crisis Response Volunteers https://www.imalive.org/index.php
My Contact Information Email: [email protected] Skype: jonolan.sophrosyne Twitter: HumanistHope