- "the annoyance is slowly building up from being taken advantage of / disrespected by a family member while at the same time being treated like I’m a deficient incapable baby. WTF!! I am a human being, an adult none […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Addiction, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "IT’S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!! SO SUPER EXCITED EVERYONE!!!!!!!! (yes I’m a HUGE James Bond fan), hope everyone on BT is doing great, remember I will always be here for each and every member of this beautiful […] "View
- "Just wanted to say that 7 cups of tea is a nice alternative to this site for anyone looking to vent. I’m not sure what’s happened recently. We’ve had spam before, but I can’t remember it ever getting this bad. Not […] "View
Experience with: Bullying, Depression, Education, General, Grieving, Health & Fitness, Marriage, Mental Disorders, Phobias, Relationships, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
- "I’m drifting in and out of rational thought. There is a part that is screaming to act on some primal urge to do what I want, what I perceive everyone else won’t care about. The assumption of their nonchalant […] "View
- "Here, we have another of my ideas for something to foster community interaction. I’m up to run some kind of pen and paper RPG on here if anyone is interested, we could run a game with 4-5 players in a forum or in […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Careers, Depression, Eating Disorders, Education, General, Relationships, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "I just wanted to go to a concert with my sister and then she invited her friend over and she thinks it’s totally okay because she’s normal and she doesn’t understand that for me, having someone else there will be […] "View
Experience with: Depression, General, Parenting, Social Anxiety
I am a Humanist; I believe in the positive potential of the human being, and I trust in mankind's drive to prevail.
I am an atheist; I do not believe in the supernatural nor do I put any stock in superstition, but neither do I look down on or mistreat those who do.
As a Humanist, it is my prevailing goal to reach out to the best in people and to establish a dialogue whereby we can come to mutual understanding and share compassionate discourse.
There are so many people looking for so many answers, and if I can provide even a small amount of relief, even a single perspective that leads just one person to an answer that enriches their life, then I have done what I seek to do as a Humanist.
People search for the meaning of life, and we are fortunate to live in an era where that question has been answered; the meaning of life is to give our own lives meaning. Nobody can do this for us, it is our duty to exhaustively seek the truth in things for ourselves, and to define ourselves. It is that pursuit of truth that is most paramount in life; we all want answers, and we all want to be happy, but so many people are satisfied with gentle lies in place of harsh truths. Even a gentle lie becomes a ripping truth when the lie eventually dissolves.
In the end, reason is our only method of seeing the truth, it is the means to our survival and happiness, and to willfully turn aside from the truth is treason to oneself, because the only sovereign we can allow to rule us is reason and evidence-based perspective.
Always remember that you deserve the same chance as anyone else at pursuing your own happiness. Never allow anyone or anything to stifle your will to live happily. Most importantly, never forget that you matter and you are not alone.
CRISIS SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. For LGBT support: The Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386. Crisis Response Volunteers https://www.imalive.org/index.php
My Contact Information Email: [email protected] Skype: jonolan.sophrosyne Twitter: HumanistHope