- "trying not to cry because no job is accepting my apps or calling me back ,and I am trying so hard!!!!! i STILL can’t find work from pandemic and i’ve gotten $0 from the government meanwhile lazy freeloaders and […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Addiction, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "Me and my man, he been acting weird af the last couple days and I don’t know what I did wrong I never do Then when I say something about it he says want me to get mad.. I don’t know what to do or feel anymore […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Addiction, Bullying, Depression, Education, General, Grieving, Mental Disorders, Phobias, Relationships, Self Harm, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
- "i feel like all my life no one has been around to care for me.. yet i always longed for it. I reached out, made friends but they hurt me and abandoned me. And i went back to deal with it all by myself
Im so far in […] "View
Experience with: Bullying, Depression, Education, General, Relationships, Self Harm, Social Anxiety
- "Hey everyone! When I was 12, I started volunteering at Blahtherapy as a listener and I did that consistently from then till I was 17. Skipping to current day now I’m about to complete my Bsc in Psychology & […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Careers, Depression, General, Grieving, Health & Fitness, Marriage, Parenting, Phobias, Relationships, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
- "My father has been cheating on my mom. He admitted to it yesterday. The day before, she caught him texting a woman. He denied it, but she saw it…It isn’t just one. It’s several. He “doesn’t know what he […] "View
Experience with: Abuse, Bullying, Depression, Eating Disorders, General, Mental Disorders, Phobias, Relationships, Self Harm, Sexuality, Social Anxiety
I am a Humanist; I believe in the positive potential of the human being, and I trust in mankind's drive to prevail.
I am an atheist; I do not believe in the supernatural nor do I put any stock in superstition, but neither do I look down on or mistreat those who do.
As a Humanist, it is my prevailing goal to reach out to the best in people and to establish a dialogue whereby we can come to mutual understanding and share compassionate discourse.
There are so many people looking for so many answers, and if I can provide even a small amount of relief, even a single perspective that leads just one person to an answer that enriches their life, then I have done what I seek to do as a Humanist.
People search for the meaning of life, and we are fortunate to live in an era where that question has been answered; the meaning of life is to give our own lives meaning. Nobody can do this for us, it is our duty to exhaustively seek the truth in things for ourselves, and to define ourselves. It is that pursuit of truth that is most paramount in life; we all want answers, and we all want to be happy, but so many people are satisfied with gentle lies in place of harsh truths. Even a gentle lie becomes a ripping truth when the lie eventually dissolves.
In the end, reason is our only method of seeing the truth, it is the means to our survival and happiness, and to willfully turn aside from the truth is treason to oneself, because the only sovereign we can allow to rule us is reason and evidence-based perspective.
Always remember that you deserve the same chance as anyone else at pursuing your own happiness. Never allow anyone or anything to stifle your will to live happily. Most importantly, never forget that you matter and you are not alone.
CRISIS SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. For LGBT support: The Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386. Crisis Response Volunteers https://www.imalive.org/index.php
My Contact Information Email: [email protected] Skype: jonolan.sophrosyne Twitter: HumanistHope