Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Has anyone here experienced a lucid dream? I have them often but when I try to induce them they usually don’t come along. Are they fun for you or scary? I usually think they’re scary.

sordid said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I once had a dream after reading Neil Gaiman’s The Ocean At The End of The Lane. It was strange & I don’t remember a lot of it, but there was an interesting thing he said in the book that I remembered as I was dreaming & it drew me into lucidity; we don’t often see the dreamer. Something along those lines. Well, when I looked at “me” …the person viewing the dream? It was incredibly strange. It looked like an alien creature…uglier than E.T. (not that he’s ugly, but sort of had that body shape).

The point in lucid dreaming is to be in control of your dreams, though…so technically, you are the dream-artist & you’re in charge of painting your dream-canvas. ;)

Unless you’re talking about vivid dreams?

Atlas said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve had a few successful lucid dreams, and they’re generally pretty easy for me to control. Lately though, they’ve been very jumpy and hazy ;-;

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I lucid dream every night and can’t really tell the difference between this ‘reality’ and my dreams anymore as a result due to having my 5 senses intact (what we base this reality on – seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling).
For more info read through my thread;

http://blahtherapy.com/user-groups/cloud-9-and-beyond/forum/

Akasha said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Lucid dreams don’t need to be scary at all. Since a lucid dream means you are completely aware of the fact that you are in a dream, you can then dictate how that dream progresses. If you want to end the dream, you can wake yourself up. If you want to change it from being a scary dream into a nice dream, you can do that as well. I personally find lucid dreams fun. But for some people, what they think is a lucid dream is actually astral projection. Astral projection assumes the existence of an “astral body” separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it. This is what is known as an out-of-body experience, or OBE. Some people project with full consciousness (awareness) of what they are doing and remember it upon waking up. Most people project at night, but with no memories of their activities. I’ve had lucid dreams and astral projection. While they may seem similar, they are very different.

katie said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I learned to control my dreams when I was little because of recurring nightmares, and that’s what made them not scary anymore. If you are lucid dreaming, you should not be scared because you know you are dreaming and you ccan make anything you want happen.

Emily said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve been fascinated with lucid dreaming for years, and I’ve been on-and-off trying to learn how to do it. I’ve realized I was dreaming a few times, but I always tell myself to stay calm because I might wake up. I spend all my time focusing on this that by the time I’m fully back in the dream I’ve already forgotten! The one time I managed to stay fully in the dream, I got into a bucket and teleported to Manhattan. I could’ve done ANYTHING, and that’s what I chose. I’m still mad at myself over it. ;P

Rose said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve only learned about lucid dreaming about two years ago, and I’ve been trying to actually achieve it for awhile now. I’ve only ever had one lucid dream that I can remember. It was one of the best experiences of my life(decide for yourself if that is sad, but it is true). Anyways, it started as I sat on my kitchen counter while my parents and younger sister prepared dinner. Suddenly, a random thought hit me like a speeding train, “I am dreaming.” Then the world around me seemed to “pop” into focus, and all me senses seemed to become more vivid and sharp. Unfortunately, I started to make myself too excited and could feel myself slipping from the dream. In a panic that I would wake up from my first lucid dream without doing anything first, I jumped off the counter, ignoring the questions asking if I was alright from my dream family, and closed my eyes and held my nose like I was doing a canon ball. I heard a splash and felt pleasantly cool water surrounding me. When I opened my eyes, I was floating above a beautiful and colorful coral reef with sleek, multicolored fish swimming all around me. At this point I got way too excited and woke myself up by accident. Ever since then I’ve had little success with lucid dreaming, but that experience will always be the highlight of all my dreaming experiences.
(sorry for the long post and any bad grammar…)

Skysthelimit said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’ve always been able to lucid dream, even when I was little. I’m not really sure how I’ve done it, it kinda just happens for me. It’s not normally scary, I’ve come up with some crazy story ideas because of it!

(◣_◢)Poet said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I didn’t know Lucid dreaming was such a big deal until i got on the internet. As a child i lucid dreamed on a regular basis. For some reason i wasn’t impressed with the experience; i enjoyed it, but no more than one would enjoy a day of their life. It felt so natural that i never stopped to really think about the power and control i had in my dreams. I often wonder if my nature in my dreams is more reflective of who i am than my nature when awake; I experienced many things including having sex, murdering “good guy” characters, falling from great heights and not waking up until after i hit the surface (in which i awoke with a headache), being beaten to death, as well as being chased (for what felt like forever) by Jason Voorhees in nothing but darkness until he was close enough to me to share the light. I’ve even been able to replay dreams that i had years prior or continue them from where they left off the last time i had them. Despite this i never felt like a god in complete control.

I’ve had characters in my dreams acknowledge that they could not kill me because i was dreaming but that didn’t save me from torture and persisted to prove to me that i can feel pain in a dream; being unable to wake up or get rid of aspects of the dream was how i knew that while i had much power, some things took a greater understanding before i could have control over them. As a child my dreams of sex usually ended with me disappointed as the women didn’t have a vagina, they were like dolls instead. As a kid i didn’t always know what a vagina looked like, other than furry. Sometimes the dreams would frustrate me; the power of being able to control so much bored me and i would wish that i was a passive observer rather than an active participant of a world focused on me for life.

As i entered adulthood i would lucid dream less than in my childhood. I used to lucid dream just about every night i remembered dreaming at all, but now a days i’m more a passive observer. A few years ago after my mother passed away, months afterwards when i moved into a new place by myself, i dreamed of her and it was as lucid as my dreams used to be. She was very much alive but just in a place that wasn’t apart of this realm, but some other realm of life. She looked like a combination of her older self and her younger self (before i or my siblings were born). We sat down and talked and she fully acknowledged that she was gone from where i live; i could see in her face that she was happy, so much that while she knew of the grief her family and friends felt for her lost, she was too happy to really think about it. It was a dream that made me feel like she wasn’t gone, just in some other place.

Lucid dreaming has been a love/hate thing for me. At 27 i miss the control and confidence that came with those dreams, but when i was younger the control frustrated me. I wanted things to live beyond me and be free of me with a will of their own. I understood that freedom meant anything could happen, including things i may not enjoy. With freedom came fresh air, fear, and mystery, all which felt like life compared to these later days of having the freedom yet wanting to control everything because anything can happen and that leads to fear and not being able to breath because you’re stressed out. Perhaps i’m no longer worthy of regular lucid dreaming, as i’d probably choose to live in my head than the world i’m losing reasons to stay awake in.

orpheo said 9 years, 8 months ago:

watch Waking Life : )

Hearmenow said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I believe I’ve had a few lucid dreams, to the extent that I know I’m dreaming, my brain realizes that the setting is unfamiliar or the people in it are different from the ones I know, and I can wake myself up when I get uncomfortable or I don’t wish to know how the dream will proceed.

I have yet to learn how to control it, which is something I will definitely keep trying to do.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

They were kinda scary for me at first but lately they’re getting fun because I can take control of them easily.

NinjaBubble said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Just now, I woke up from a dream… that I really liked.

I don’t remember how it all started, but what I remembered was that, I was in a love triangle. You see, we are all girls. In the love triangle, it was me, my crush, and some unknown hot chick who wanted me… I recognized my crush, but not the other girl though. I was spending time with the hottie shopping and stuff, like normal friends would do. I enjoyed her company, but I’ve been wondering where my crush was because she would be on my mind and sometimes she shows up in the dream walking around with her friend. I guess I never got to talk to my crush, but spent most of my time with the other girl.

Then, it was night time and we decided to go to the beach. We saw my crush and her friend hanging out together, and they saw us. Then it felt as if there was a competition between my crush and the hottie. The hottie tried to lead me to a nearby shack where there were seats and tables. I don’t remember what we were doing. While my crush and her friend also did the same, but went off in the different direction.

I went to a sports game or something and saw the my crush and the hottie having a competition. I had an instinct that winning this battle means that they get to be with me. Which I don’t mind at all. I stood there watching but suddenly was brought to a scene where I sat in the hottie’s car. This hottie was flirting with me and all, and I didn’t feel any romantic feelings towards her, but I asked for a kiss just to see what it felt like. She asked why, and all I did was smile shyly. Then the dream ended. :(

All of this happened in one dream, the one I just had. I really wanted it to continue. Let me know if there’s any meaning behind this dream. Thanks!

Cali said 9 years ago:

Sometimes it was fun for me. (Like I’m playing an adventure game) But I do it when it is really fantasy or fictional dream, but if it will be scary or about demons then I shall force myself to wake up (though sometimes I wake up not once but multiple times). I’m not experiencing it right now, that was when I was still 12 years old – 15 years old..