MissMe said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I know school is starting again for a lot of people.
That includes me.
I’m Caitlin. 15, from the UK.
I’m just feeling low and meh about it. School makes me awkward and nervous and anxious.
There’s no one in real life who I know feels like this, and I have no-one to talk to.
I was wondering if anyone else felt this way. By this way, I mean…When I think of school, it makes me feel sick. I hate the way it makes me feel. I’d rather crawl under a rock. It’s not the uniform; the time I have to get up; it’s not even the fact that I can’t paint my nails. It’s the people, the atmosphere, and the setting. Sets my heart racing.
A lot of people have said on this site that they feel this way.
So if we can help each other by just understanding then that would be great.

OpenTalk said 9 years, 6 months ago:

A lot of people can be made anxious by their social situations. It used to be a real issue for me when I was around your age. I think the problem was that I was building things up in my mind so much that they became more than what they are.

School isn’t really that bad. Teachers aren’t that awful. Classmates aren’t that different. The drama that comes with being a high schooler is terrible, sure, but that’s the case with everyone. Try not to let the atmosphere have all the power.