Obedient Dock said 1 year ago:

I’m not fat, I’m not poor, I’ve got a good job, I would say i’m moderately attractive… I’ve got a good direction in life, and I’m
not a complete idiot… I’ve tried to give people chances, but it doesn’t seem like I can find someone that is willing to do the same…
I know generally gender roles have determined men to be the ones to make most of the action, but is it too much to ask for a woman to do the same?
I’ve opened myself up so many times to others…
just now and just been shut down…
I just want to love someone, and be loved again…

Michael said 1 year ago:

Well, to make friends you don’t need to be thin or rich or having a good job or being attractive, if other people think you have to be like that then those people will never be a good friend and honestly you are better off without those people, in dating well, personally, i would need to be attracted to the girl, but also she would have to have a nice personality as well, and some girls go just for the personality, i have quite some female friends and they are really nice people and really worth giving them a chance.

Also i have some friends that are bolder than others so i guess, they would take the initiative to take action on relationships and that sort of stuff, i haven’t asked them, but they probably would, i just say what i imagine based on their personality.

Also my friends don’t shut me down, but i mostly keep things to myself and listen to my friends instead.

Probably you are either not careful enough with who you talk to or you are looking on the wrong places?