Blah611 said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I can’t believe that im here.. Im posting something on this bewildering (but seemingly great) website. But why did it ever come to this when I feel I can no longer talk to someone? I used to be that person that was fun, happy go lucky, easy to find someone to talk to. Now that im in a relationship it feels somewhat like im a little more alone than I used to. Is that even right to feel that way? Maybe there is no right or wrong.. It is what it is. I have a man who likes to be in his man cave a lot, but when its time for our talkie talkie time, I have nothing to say and neither does he. It gets so quiet at home even though we’re sitting right next to each other. If I ever dare say this outloud, he would be so hurt by it because he thinks we’re totally connected. He thinks we’re fixing our relationship by reading Men are from mars and women are from venus. His needs are being met, but I cant seem to get my talk out and my oxitocin level up. He’s happy and im a little quiet.. Boo hoo.. Still love him though.

OpenTalk said 9 years, 5 months ago:

If there is a problem, it should be highlighted. Why not tell him that you aren’t connecting? Why not just admit that you’re in a rut? I know it sounds nice to spare him his feelings by staying quiet, but that will only lead to you resenting him.

Sit down. Have a serious conversation about where you both are. Talk about how to fix things or how to end things. That is the adult thing to do.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Have him read ‘For men only’ too to put him in the mood to listen to your emotions.

TheRationalThingToDo said 9 years, 5 months ago:

The rational thing to do would be to communicate your feelings like you have just expressed them to us. Your happiness is at stake!

His needs are being met but it appears that your needs are not. This is an unbalanced relationship and will lead to feelings such as sadness and resentment.

If he does not know how you are feeling then he might not be aware of the discrepancy. Explain your position. If he is compatible with you then he will have no problem compromising. If he is not compatible then you should seek someone else.