Rhi said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Have you ever been stereotyped by someone? Or maybe you’ve stereotyped yourself? If so what is. And what do you think of it?

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Well I’m light skinned so people automatically always assume I’m just a “stupid white girl”.

Actually I’m Puerto Rican and know Spanish and am currently studying 3 different languages. I think stereotypes are stupid but I mean if stereotyping me makes someone else feel better about themselves then let them because in the end it just means they’re thinking about me XD. but seriously though I just see it as amusing. I mean you have no idea what it’s like to have someone talking about you in another language and then to turn around translate exactly what they said and then watch their jaws just drop. I try not to let it bother me because I know who I am and I know what I’m capable of doing.

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I don’t think I’ve really ever been stereotyped but then I’m a white, heterosexual male in Sweden so maybe that’s not surprising.

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Multiple times, by the cops. I tend to dress new-age’ish, with ethno and acid culture elements in my clothes, and I have long hair and a goatee. Apparently this means ‘pothead’ in the cop view of the world, so I have been stopped on the streets twice or even three times for my hairstyle and twice for having a marijuana leaf on my backpack, which I don’t even wear anymore because of this. Fuck the police!

Das Omen said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I think the people i know see me as a kind , hard working , gullible , religious, ignorant and sometimes stupid . I like that they think that, it’s way better than the actual truth :)

Deleted User said 8 years, 7 months ago:

People here in Asia see me as a sweet girl who forgives easily and is willing to put other people before herself. The way I stand out in the crowd is how I’m English-speaking, while the others are locals of the Philippine Islands.

sarah said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Since I can remember people have been assuming I’m something when i’m not! When i was a kid, i had my teachers thinking i’m dumb because of me studying in an environment that I hardly spoke the language. My extended family think that i was and still am a trouble maker and selfish. People have called me a pretty face with no brain. And yet i am an honor roll student in human resources. I know 2 languages and learning italian and sign language, so i guess i beat all their stereotypes.

Lily said 8 years, 7 months ago:

People think I’m funny and happy and my life is perfect. Hah, I sure showed them! xD

loaded flashcard said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I’m a hipster.

childoftheOneTrueKing said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I’m normally seen as a shy, quiet girl who is a bit of a cry baby.
Well you know what, if I cry about something its because I’ve reached my limit. Besides its better to let it out than it is to keep it bottled up. I don’t seem quiet and shy when talking online.