SkyeLyner said 1 year, 11 months ago:

People always ask this and everyone has there own opinions what are all of yours?

I personally think 13+ is a great place to start but don’t see how it’s even possible because you can’t drive yourselves around, and having your parents take you places doesn’t seem very “romantic” If you know what I mean. Which makes me think I have to wait until 16, because I can’t really walk places being as I live in Houston (A major city, big roads, longish distances)

Vesperiant said 1 year, 11 months ago:

I think you know when you’re ready. If you have a deep, caring feeling for someone, you’re ready. My past relationships just had us busing around to get to where we wanted, and that wasn’t so bad. I was ready at 14-15, but I have met people who weren’t ready until they were 17. When that spark goes off, you’re ready.

Ember said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Makes sense, but on the other hand my friend first had sex when she was just turning 14, and it was kind of a bad decision. You should be sure of when you’re comfortable to date, and don’t do it before you feel completely comfortable.

aloneinbali said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I think it’s different for everyone, it depends whether they understand how to control their feelings and whether they are aware of how much they can affect someone and how much it matters. But generally, around 15 years of age would be enough wisdom and knowledge for one to start dating.

Blueberry said 1 year, 8 months ago:

we dont date here so im not sure. the thing is, what kind of things and what kind of emotional place you are in changes as you age. little kids who have boyfriends/girlfriends dont kiss, make out and have sex, like adults do. its the same with dating. so asking when its okay to date is complicated because there isnt a set rule of what happens on a date. dating is basically just hanging out with someone you like, if you dont do something out of the normal like kiss them or prepare for having a relationship with them.
having relationships also vary in level of seriousness and in level of sexualness, and thats the thing we should be asking. when is it okay to start having serious relationships? well id say you literally cant have a semi serious relationship until youre at least 13, but before having a serious relationship most people have unserious ones. experimenting is good, and thats why its okay for “dating” to start early (12-14). thats how people figure out what they feel and whats right for them. to have a relationship where you dont feel as a prisoner, youll have to have some maturity. so to avoid getting into bad relationships because you havent experimented yet, dating might have to start a bit later after all. i dont know, im just babbling on

SJayJay said 1 year, 8 months ago:

It really depends on the person and culture too I think. I plan on dating when I reach 18 lol. For now, I want to focus on my studies and other more important things. Some people say highschool lovers never last but I know someone whos happily married now and they started dating in highschool. It just really depends on you and your priorities and if you think you are capable of making wise desicions to make it last