Hayden said 7 years, 11 months ago:

Anybody here familiar with stretching their ears?

I’ve been wanting to do this for years, but haven’t been allowed to due to my parents’ strictness. Well, now that I’m “of age”, I want to get into the process of stretching them, but since I’m such a noob, I’m not really sure where to start.

I’ve done a lot of research on the process and care over the past few months, but I’d like to personally hear from somebody who has experience, rather than to just be left with the varying information off of different websites.

allsotemporary said 7 years, 11 months ago:

Hello! I currently have my ears stretched to 00g. How big do you plan on going? Typically anything bigger than around a 0g has no chance of shrinking back down to normal size, so keep that in mind as you go. One major piece of advice I have from my personal experience as well as seeing others go through it would be to avoid skipping sizes. Don’t try jumping too far ahead because you risk tearing your earlobe or causing a blowout. I used to work in a store that sold body jewelry, so we talked to customers about how to do it all the time and often saw the results of those that rushed their stretching.

You can find kits with full range of sizes if you search on Amazon and they’re pretty fairly priced. You’ll just want to start with the smallest sizes and work your way from size to size until you’ve reached the size you’re aiming for. Typically, about a month of healing is suggested, I personally didn’t have the patience for that, but I wouldn’t recommend rushing. I didn’t have any issues, but really, I was lucky.

When you’re actually starting to stretch, something else that can be extremely helpful for stretching is some type of lubricant to help your new jewelry in. Some types of oils are excellent for this type of application, such as jojoba or emu oil. Any type of water-based lubricant would also be fine. Avoid oil-based lubricants, such as petroleum jelly (Vaseline).

Hope that helps!