happiness said 9 years, 12 months ago:

It feels like i’ve had Social Anxiety since, like, forever. But never really took any notice of it as i’m only 14 and i thought it was just extreme shyness at first.

It started off with me being scared to go to shops and buy food, or order food. Like, go to an ice-cream van and ask for a perticular ice-cream. I’d be too scared to answer the phone, I dont know why but I was just too scared to. I was only a kid when all this was happening so i just thought it’s normal, since i’m a kid. I thought I’ll ‘grow out of it’.

But recently it’s gotten worse. Like, really bad. And I thought I was… Well, weird and different. I wanted to be like every other person; spending time with mates, going to parties, ordering food, meeting new friends etc. And I didn’t understand why I’m feeling so scared to be in such social situations. Then, i found out about Social Anxiety.

I haven’t been diagnosed with it, I’m even too scared to go see a councillor. What if they judge me too? Thinks I’m childish and that I’m wasting their time?

Well, at least i know i’m not weird, anymore. I’m glad to know that there are people like me.