LoverOfPitBulls101 said 10 years ago:

I’m 16 and for years I’d feel myself get tense and uneasy around guys. Class is ok but getting around males makes me very uncomfortable. I’m usually able to trap everything inside of myself so people usually don’t notice. Actually, I didn’t even hardly notice my trembling myself. Mostly it’s mild but when I grasp something it makes it extremely difficult. I guess as time has gone on I’ve only gotten worse with it. I get to where people can visibly see it without having to have contact. This year I made my first male friend and we’ve came pretty close and I think he’s pretty understanding for being a teenage male. I know I trust him but I shake pretty bad around him when not in public, though in public its less obvious. I was just kind of wondering if anyone else got like this?

amlynn said 10 years ago:

I do. Whenever a guy tries to touch me, even if it’s as simple as a handshake, I start shaking. When I get like this, I have a phrase I repeat over and over in my head that kind of distracts me. Also, I carry around a small squishy toy that if it gets really bad, I can direct my nervous energy toward. But when you get down to it, I still haven’t found a way to completely get rid of it. My therapist said it eventually goes away. In the meantime, just know you are in no way alone. And if this guy is really understanding, he won’t judge you for an uncontrollable physical response you have. Also, I know you want to keep it inside when you’re in public, but make sure you’re finding somewhere else and someway to let it out. I tried to keep up appearances in public and I nearly drove myself mad. In fact, the trying to keep it inside may be what’s making it seem worse.

RedRoseAlice said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Yeah, I do too. Honestly, i often find myself unintentionally avoiding any activities that include them.I know it isn’t right but still the fear is very haunting. What is usually have to do is confront on with a group of girls or Bffs to feel alittle calmer around one.

Amber said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Yes, yes I have. I thought I was the only one, but I guess not. Mine isn’t younger guys but older considering it was an older man that sexually abused me. Whenever they get around me, & like, compliment me, or even speak.. I feel a shaky feeling in my chest & hands, I feel like I’m about to seriously take a panic attack & have to go somewhere else.

KeeperOLight said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I used to shake whenever my boyfriend tried to just cuddle with me. Isn’t that weird? All he would do is lay next to me, and I would start to tremble. Having those memories clash in my head, never going away. It was unbearable. Months passed, and I realized that he was a safe person to be with, so I stopped shaking.