Elf said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve recently found this perfect guy, and I’ve fallen hard and fast. I’ve never, EVER felt this way about a guy before, and I’m pretty sure I’m in love with him. The thing about being in love with him is the fact I’m terrified of scaring him away, even though we’re extremely similar in the way we are and what we’ve been through.
One of the things I’m most worried about are my scars from self harming. I’m covered from my head down. Theres scars from my neck all the way to my feet. I’m constantly covering my arms and legs because they’re the ones that are the worst, most noticeable ones. I also have only been naked in front of ONE person because of them, and the reason is because theres a really noticeable scar of the word ‘fat’ on my stomach
I’ve told him about the scars anyway and he was really sweet about it and said it didn’t matter because he’ll always think I’m ‘beautiful’ but I’m still scared about how he’ll react..

Shade said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Aww, I’m so sorry to hear that you were in so much pain at one time.

I’m sure he’ll love you. Love doesn’t see scars. He’ll see how strong you are and how much you love him. <3

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Well, in some cultures scars are inflicted on members of the community during rituals of rights passing and becoming a mature member of the tribe.

Heck, circumcision is one of the most common religious practices in the world, and it’s basically genital mutilation, which leaves permanent scars.

Take your wounds as a reminder of your own maturity – that you fought through this struggle, and took it, and dealt with it, and thus doing so became a better person. Don’t look at them as at something what you did, look at them as something you OVERCAME. Overcome?

And if he looks nervous when he sees them, well, just ask him if he wants to know how you got your scars, and then just tell him how you got ‘em…

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

PS also there are plenty of flesh-healing ointments and solutions modern medicine has to offer, many modern day ointments can heal scars very very fast.

Your skin is not something permanent, it constantly moves and renews itself. Ointments can help it to heal your scars faster and in a proper way, so that the skin becomes smooth and clean where it was cut.

When I injured both my palms deeply, I was using an ointment containing levomycetine, and it healed them in about a month with no scars. Find something that suits you and use it until the scars are gone.

Elf said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Thank you guys xx

Hollie said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I have lots of scars and when I met someone new I had to go on holidays with them pretty soon in and was freaking out over him seeing it. So I got henna done over the worst ones, and as the holiday went on it gradually faded. It didn’t totally cover them, but it hid the worst parts and was gradual enough so that it didn’t totally freak him out when he saw.It was the best thing I could have done, because I have writing too which covers a half of my forearm and was really embarrassed. In the end it was fine, We talked about it and although he didn’t fully understand I was really proud of opening up enough to talk. You should be proud of yourself too. This is your body and those scars are something that you went through and learnt from. If this person loves you, they won’t care.

Maddielynn said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I told my bf of 8months that i cut and now every time me and my bf are together he eminently starts rubbing and kissing my scars….he may do that u never know(:

Dark Hunter said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I finally told my bf that I had been cutting and he didn’t judge me. He told me that he too had been cutting and ever since then we have been there for each other no matter how silly the situation is. I love him so much and I’m so thankful that I told him.

lilaine said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I know that feeling. I don’t seem to have the number of scars that you do, but it makes someone feel very vulnerable to be in front of someone you care for and have them see what lengths you went to to feel ok.

If he’s the man you think he is, he will see the scars as a part of you, nothing more, nothing less.

Best of luck to you. :)