Diggs said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I started self-harming about six months ago, I had some issues with sexual abuse, and I`d wake up feeling disgusting. I eventually used a cheese grater to get rid of the skin on my hands. I kept at it because it made me feel clean. However it`s also made me very isolated physically, hugging people, and cuddling with my friends really hurts, witch is frustrating because those used to be some of my favorite things, and it seems like I just can`t stop. I also never want anyone to be worried about me, so I can`t really talk to my friends or family about this. I`d really appreciate any tips you have on stopping, and I`m actually kind of desperate to talk to someone about this, thanks

DuyosvgiWaya said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I used to carve names and words into my thighs, where it was easy to hide the pain. I’ve managed to not cut for 2 years now. I won’t lie to you and say it’s easy. I won’t lie and say it’s quick. It’s an addiction. One that will sing your name for the rest of your life. For me, it’s when I get placed back in situations similar to what started. Sometimes when I go spirling into a dark depression. Here’s some things I did though

#Despose of anything for cutting. or atleast get it out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind.
#Vent. Cry. Scream if you must. It helps.
#DON’T BLAME YOURSELF.
#Accept that your hurt. You can’t heal till you accept that your hurt.
#Pick up a hobby. Find something that calms you. Painting, writing, making jewlery ect.
#Use that hobby, or an artform besides,to get the anger and hurt out.

It’s going to take a while. It’s probably not gonna be over night thing. But everyday you don’t, every hour extra between, is improvement

whov14n said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I agree with everything said above. I’ve self harmed on and off since I was in middle school. I learned that there’s not just one way to stop it because it is an addiction and everyone reacts differently. The urges and triggers are always going to be there, sadly you can’t just magic them away. But having a support system, even if it’s just one person, goes a long way towards helping.

Diggs said 10 years, 4 months ago:

thank you, :) I`ll try

Oli said 10 years, 4 months ago:

You are all strong, beautiful and brave people, I’m here for each and every one of you if any of you need to talk :) (hugs)