childoftheOneTrueKing said 8 years, 8 months ago:

When I was little my cousin molested me, on multiple occasions for about three and a half years. I was only 6 when it started. I never told anyone about it until about a year ago. But it had been so long that I didn’t even want to press charges (he was a minor at the time, so the charges would have only been a slap on the wrist) but it’s really hard for me to be around him. I can’t say anything to anyone because they all want me to just move past it already. (I just turned 18, so it’s been over 8 years since the last incident)

laylab95 said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Hi are you fine? I have a similar incident as well. If you want to talk you can message me anytime.

childoftheOneTrueKing said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I think I’m ok, just the forgiveness is taking a long time. I know I will need to forgive him eventually, but right now, i don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Michael said 8 years, 8 months ago:

You don’t need to forgive him for anything and the fact your family is trying to force you to “move past it” like it never happened is insane. You don’t have to get on with him at all, sure he was a minor at the time, but he probably knew what he was doing to some extent especially since you mentioned it went on over a while.

Acceptance of what happened is a good thing, becoming stronger from those experiences is also but it’s not easy.
You’re not at fault here and you in no way have to be his friend. I would recommend talking to your family about how you feel, maybe one person first that you’re closer with just to get someone to back you up with the rest of them. It’s utterly unfair for you to suffer for his sake.

If you need to get stuff off your chest, you can private message me. I understand your pain.

Stay strong.