Deleted User said 10 years ago:

Usually I listen to music to fall asleep. But lately that hasn’t been working and I don’t know what to do now.

OIA said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Depends on what kind of music you listen too , Me personally I have to listen a Zen like music. No lyrics just ambiant sounds.

Vivid Melody said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Look up ASMR on youtube ;)

letssitinthegardenandtalk said 9 years, 11 months ago:

On nights when I sleep, I have felt a wave of tiredness and gone immediately horizontal. On nights when I have trouble, I get up and do something boring like sweep, and go to bed as soon as I feel a wave of tiredness. When neither works, I turn on the sound of rain, and empty my mind. And when none of those work, I read.

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I totally recommend audiobooks. Librivox is a great way to find them. (: I used to have major issues falling asleep but something about a soothing voice is really helpful. Just make sure you listen to a clip first, some of them are terribly read..

Rhi said 9 years, 11 months ago:

A book always helps me :)

Raymond said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I usually drink chamomile tea before I sleep. Chamomile tea helps you relax supposedly make you sleepy. It has no caffeine.

Flexus said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Close my eyes and cross my fingers it won’t be another sleepless night. But the things I do in order to increase the chance of falling asleep is to make sure that I don’t use any computer, TV or phone 30-45 min before I go to bed. No sugar or caffeine rich drinks and I notice a tremendous improvement if I do some exercise that that. My body will be naturally tired in the evening if I am able to get a solid workout done that day. But if it’s taking me a while to fall asleep, relaxed music of some kind of a book works as well. : )

esseara said 9 years, 11 months ago:

It helps me to think to something (some fact of the past, or something I hope or I like) in every little detail. I think that this way the brain gets bored or tired, and usually I fall asleep in minutes.

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

exercise

Rufio said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Usually if I’m not that tired I just can’t fall asleep at all but I find simple meditation helps me. I lie down with the covers over my face so its dark and count slowly to 10 in my head trying to match my breaths. I repeat this a few times and that tends to calm my mind.

change&create said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Make sure to not eat right before bed, stay away from computer screens because it activates your brain to stay up longer. I usually try to read a book, make sure all my lights are off, taking a hot shower before bed helps as well.

KenzieRose said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Try rainymood.com It’s the sound of rain but I find that it helps a lot! Enjoy!

KindKnight said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I usually try meditation before I sleep. Sometimes, just positive thinking or imagination can be the key. Reading seems to work about as well as a good 2×4.

Hannah said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Sometimes I do meditation or yoga before bed. But usually, I take a hot shower then some melatonin (I have trouble staying asleep).