Sheepy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

What are some songs that you’ll still remember (in a good way) 10, 20, 30 years in the future? Not your favorite songs, but ones that leave an impression.
For me, Mr Brightside.

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

The first song I ever heard as a child was in the end by linkin park. I relate it to so many memories as the song has basically been with me for a long time. A lot of memories are thus linked to it. So yeah, In the end by Linkin park.

CMacAttack said 9 years, 11 months ago:

This one’s a little out there, but “Died in Your Arms” by Cutting Crew. When I was little my mom would always drive me to school with the ’80s music station on, and for some reason that’s the one song that I specifically remember from back then. I really don’t know why it clicked with it me, it just always has, and that’s what it reminds me of every time I hear it.

LeahV said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold. Actually any song from them, they always remind me to live my life at my fullest and like every day is the last one, but also to follow my dreams because I can work hard for them and they will be true

ostranenie said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Warren Zevon – Excitable Boy, because it’s such an upbeat happy little song, but the lyrics (which allude to a psychopath rapist) shocked me when I first heard them.

In the same vein – Oingo Boingo, “Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me” with its (“why should I care?” falsetto and it’s at-the-time-taboo mention of teenage suicide).

Pantera, “This Love,” because of some personal issues I was going through at the time.

Nomeansno, “Red Devil,” because it’s just super-weird and almost demonic, for lack of a better word. A scintillating departure for their usual screamy sort-of-punk songs (which are also great!)

Skinny Puppy, “Tin Omen,” the first time I remember being scared by a song. Not scared like I was afraid they were going to come after me or something, but almost terrified, like I’d never heard anything like it before and just didn’t know how to react. Then when I read the words (it’s about the Kent State shooting at Ohio in the US in 1968) I was even more shocked and fascinated.

Killing Joke, Sanity, because of its coda – the singer acts like he’s about to go to a bridge, then it just sort of goes on for a while then fades out, which just makes it more memorable.

Gang of Four, “Cadillac,” for the music video as much as the song. Run Wrake (a brilliant animator who also did FSOL’s “We Have Explosive” video and that horrifying Rabbit cartoon–don’t watch if you are worried about triggers, it’s brutal). “For 19.95, I will have the starter paaaaack.” One of those songs I had to look up the meaning in the lyrics to because I’m not from there. Great intro, too.

Dead Can Dance, “Rakim” for its spine-tingling introduction (what instrument is that? some kind of hammer/strings situation) and the exit where the female singer is yodeling? ululating? I don’t know the terms.

Hayden said 9 years, 10 months ago:

“Iridescent” – Linkin Park.
“Lullaby” – Nickelback

They’re amazing songs, and both of them have helped me through rough times.
I can listen to them whether I’m happy or sad, and I think they’ll always be my top 2 go-to songs, which is why they’re so special to me.
That’s why it’s no doubt that those two songs will stick with me forever.

The Curious One said 9 years, 10 months ago:

When i was really little my dad would sing “mad world” by Adam Lambert to me and for a few years i just forgot about it, then i heard it somewhere and it all came back to me, it still comforts me.

tiffany said 9 years, 10 months ago:

One song that will stick with me forever is halo by beyonce. it was the first song i ever danced to with the man i am gonna marry someday

Swifting said 9 years, 10 months ago:

“Shiver” by Maroon 5. It’s my husband’s and my relationship when we met and continues to be that way.

iamthesunset said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’m not a huge fan of singer/songwriters usually but J P Coopers voice is something else. This song always reminds me of my wife.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Come Home by OneRepublic!

mongoose said 9 years, 10 months ago:

There are a few songs when heard can transport me back to another time.

The first serious girlfriend I had an I made the song Nothing else Matters by Metallica “our song.”

My brother and I listened to Outside performed by Aaron Lewis (Stained) and Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit) live off the family values tour CD for 2 weeks straight. We lived together and shared a room back then and to this day that song means a lot to both of us.

One beautiful summer day I was cruising down the road in a convertible with my girlfriend at that time. The road traveled along the canal so it was pretty straight and long. The song Push by Matchbox 20 came on the radio and she turned it up a bit. As the lyrics started we both looked at each other and began to sing at exactly the same time. It was an amazing moment when I felt my feelings were perfectly in sync with someone else. We sang the whole song as we drove down the road and to this day when I hear that song I can vividly remember that moment.

LittleLychee said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Nine Inch Nails – Hurt and Every Day Is Exactly The Same.

They are the first songs that really described what I was going through when I finally decided to get help. I was in a bad place back then – I still am now, but those songs remind me how far I’ve come.

Eminem – Beautiful

This is the only song I remember from when I made my first ever “this is for me and me alone” decision. I slept with someone, more to let off steam than anything else, and the Relapse album was playing. This song really penetrated the fog in my mind and spoke to me. It’s really powerful for me.

Mostly I think it’s a lot of Karnivool’s work from their latest albums. Sound Awake finished such high powerful songs, and the entirety of Asymmetry is auditory perfection, there’s just so much going on, and it throws so much power and emotion at you ^^

Baz Luhrman’s “Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen”. The sentiments are spot on!