kbd2005 said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Something went wrong with my mind awhile ago and I’m finally starting to recover, but whenever I take a step forward, I inevitably take two steps back. I do everything I’m supposed to. I talk to people on here and try to help them and also get therapy when I need it on here or other places. I take my meds. I try to move and do activities when I can. I go to coffee shops and try to converse with people. I keep in touch with my parents. But everyday is a new struggle and I’m just trying to stay afloat. It’s hard enough to survive on this little bit of money and without a car, but I’m doing the absolute best I can. I wish there was some way I could just prove to these people who are against my progress that I’m a good person and I’m trying the best I can. I don’t want to be afraid anymore. I just want to be a normal, functional human being. I want to recover and be ordinary.

SevenSeeds said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I’m gonna say one thing: Be positive.

I read a book called “The Secret” once, basically talked about power of human willpower. Just make sure you feel good about yourself and always think of great things. Also dream as large as you can, do not think about adversaries in your life. Hope you are doing a great job with whatever you have been up to recently :D

-Seven

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

there’s no such thing as “normal”. you are doing the best that you can with the things that you have, and /that/ is what “normal” people do. it sounds to me that you are doing the right things. just try not to stay positive and find things that you enjoy doing for yourself. worrying about other people’s opinions of your progress will only aid in taking those steps back.