Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Um, no, my main problem is still religious terrorism, fundamentalism and human rights, language is kind of one of my least concerns.

o.O Oh dear, this thread just went to hell after I went offline.
Okay,
A. This is about BREAKING stereotypes not re-inforcing them. You are pretty much spewing the same steriotypical BS I’ve heard from tons of others and it makes me very sad to see this from a member of Blah.
B. This thread is for the people who don’t know about Islam beyond the basic media portrayal and some info garnered here and there and want to learn more. THIS IS NOT FOR PREJUDICED IDIOTS WHO KEEP HOLDING ON TO THEIR FLIMSY ARGUMENTS. If you want to know about Islam with an open mind, you are welcome to do so. This is a nice place and there are a lot of nice, supporting people here. Please don’t ruin the integrity of this forum and this website by trolling and continuing on with your negative comments. The other users are willing to argue with you about the points you present and to give reasonable replies. I am not one of them. This is for general DISCUSSION and if you can’t discuss only argue then please, leave this forum for people who actually want to know about this religion.

Unlikeany said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Well said!!

I am all for breaking the stereotypes, man. But so far none have been broken, only reinforced – same stereotypical lazy answers, and 0 effort addressing the real issues, which stick out no matter how much you distance yourself from them.

Being open minded about something doesn’t mean not questioning this thing. So far only one of the apologists of the Islam has openly spoken against the issues I brought. The rest were too preoccupied calling me ignorant for even bringing these questions up.

You can’t really break the stereotype when you are one.

Or what, you only expected nice questions, like “how do I convert to Islam?” If you want to break the stereotypes, you have to, you know, at least address them. And so far no such thing has been done.

You want to ask questions? then there’s a better way to ask them, say:
” I have heard/ read this and this thing, can you clarify it?”
and anyone who has knowledge about it will say ” the actual reason behind this is so and so.. or our actual belief is so and so…”
You can, in reply bring up another question or give comments and if our opinions still differ, we will agree to disagree because its not about convincing people but RESPECTING everyone’s values.
We are not here to defend extremists, we are not here to give justify barbaric practices other people associate with our religion. We are here to tell you about what WE practice, normal, human beings who care about people and have basic moral values. If we were talking on another forum on any other topic no one will be so openly hostile to any other member. Once we associate Islam with it people like you consider it an adequate reason to be rude and openly prejudiced.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Interesting thread, beside the poor attitudes demonstrated by both sides, closer to monkeys throwing feces than dialogue (@mr-tambourine-man towelheads, really? That’s racist, you can state your point without being insulting, at least try to be the champion of social justice you pretend to be).

It appears that the muslims partecipating in this thread have a lack of awareness towards the objects of criticism pertaining their religion too (@funjewel99 never heard of infubulation? How? Google it.). You also can use some information on keeping dialogue on line:

http://www.derailingfordummies.com/

I guess this thread was intended to discuss normal non-extreme moderate muslim life and that’s it, you can’t pretend them to speak for EVERYBODY and ANSWER EVERYTHING NOW OR ELSE I WILL GET MORE AGGRESSIVE AND CONDESCENDING, pick on more prepared targets if that’s your objective. There are a bunch of different muslim countries applying religious laws differently from city to city, not every single muslim lives in the stoning/infibulation/women can’t drive reality, and, muslims, if that’s not how things go in your town, say that, not “There is no such thing as questionable practices backed by the muslim religion in muslim countries”.

@sameen well boo-hoo, sue me for not asking questions the way you wanted to hear them. You wanted to break stereotypes about Muslims – you knew what you were going in for.

Stereotypes are a nasty thing, they aren’t supposed to be respectful, their sheer purpose is to dehumanize you, make you seem all the same. You want to break them – be ready to face them, cause what I said ain’t even 50% what most of the Western world thinks about Islam after all your little explosive enterprises – and don’t tell me they don’t, they wouldn’t have elected Bush twice if they didn’t.

@rinseandrep oh, and I’m not offended by them denying all the heinous shit I’ve mentioned? I’m not trying to be a hero here, man, I just see an asshole I tell him he’s an asshole, that’s how I roll. I don’t have to fucking dance around and pretend like “oh, these muslims are totally different from billions of other muslims who say the same fucking shit over and over”. I see shit – I tell you it’s shit. Can’t fool me into thinking it’s chocolate, the smell is too much of a giveaway.

It’s funny though how only the ‘infidels’ here are saying something that our colored friends should’ve said all along themselves, but were too busy being their own stereotypes to think of.

I agree, like Harding is a piece of shit to. Everyone knows this, so I tell it as it is. Hope he kills himself in depression when this attention seeking fails.

@rinseandrep I don’t need you to tell me how to keep the dialogue in line and I have no interest in learning about infabulation.

@mr-tambourine-man I am just gonna say this one last time.
But I doubt your opinion will change because uve got your mind set on it but you are associating the whole Muslim race(1.6 billion people) of being the same based on your opinion of certain sects.
That’s foolish because yes I will admit not everybody in any race or group is good.there will always be bad apples but you can’t base your opinion on those particular people because Muslims are a good,caring people and like people of other religions they follow their principles and practice them just like Christians,Jews,Hindus etc.
This topic was established for a constructive debate rather than a fight so I suggest we keep it that way not turn this in a world war.
Secondly this was for people who want to discuss islam in good terms and if you can’t respect that I suggest you leave.

I don’t think anyone would miss him. He only comes here to insult, discriminate people. I very much dislike that. The little loser should just fuck off.

So Muslims are a race now. Einfach wunderbar!

Thats racism, not discrimination you dumb fuck.

It’s more then offensive at this point. And I’ll leave the site, with people like that around it’s not worth it. No wonder people here are fucked up with him around. He picks fights, insults and somehow others are wrong… you people baffle me. Good luck with it..simple minded fools

Y Z N said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Just ignore him, there is no need waste your time on a troll.