Bodrew said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Yes, I am a teenage boy and no, I do not want to get into girls’ pants. I’m half-way abstinent, and just hate the way guys are perceived these days. I understand why, but you get my drift.

Adeline said 9 years, 7 months ago:

That was great. Can I break a stereotype too?
Yes, I’m a teenage girl. No, I don’t always care about how my butt looks, or if I look fat. I’d honestly rather be wearing sweatpants everyday, but yeah, I do like to look good. I don’t love pink, I prefer blue, actually. And no, I’m not gonna go make you a sandwich or clean for you. I don’t obsess over guys, and I’m also not obsessed with Starbucks and clothes. So yeah, I think I’ve broken that stereotype.

mew said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I’m liking the two posts above!

On breaking stereotypes for me, just because I’ve gotten it from malicious people so many times. Yes, I do have disabilities, yes these mean I can’t work and do rely on benefits. No, I don’t want the benefits because I can’t be bothered working, quite frankly I’d trade my illness for a full-time job any day.
I’ve had to scrap my dream career because of my health, I don’t think I’d be doing that if I were healthy enough to achieve it. We don’t all screw the system.

Hearmenow said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I really enjoy this kind of things. Stereotypes is one of the most frustrating things I know.

Yes, I’m a girl. And I don’t own a single dress, I hardly ever wear make-up and I would rather sleep than get up super-early to get myself ready in the morning. I also love shirt’s and baggy jeans and I don’t have anything pink. Nor do I understand even close to half of the teenage drama.

Deadly Angel said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Here is one that annoys me a lot: Whenever I go on a website to just chat with new people (Not dating sites, Omegle for example) or download an app, each person I talk to assumes I’m there for the nudes. And it gets worse when I say that I’m from Pakistan.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I know what you mean Deadly Angel.. Is it so hard for people to have a normal conversation in a chat group?
Now let us commence with the stereotype breaking!
I’m a teenage girl,I couldn’t care less about makeup, dresses or fashion.I play video games, have actual opinions on current affairs, obsess over cars and gadgets and no, i’m not the athleticy, boyish type either.I just happen to have a brain.

Puffy Ami said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I’m a feminist but that doesn’t mean i hate men or that I am a lesbian. I have been in relationships with guys and i have guy friends too. Feminism is about standing up for equal women rights, not about making men seem insensitive and selfish.

Jess said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Yes I’m a girl, and I like makeup, dresses, the colour pink, glitter, pop music, I’m blonde, and my favourite skirt I wear because it makes my ass look awesome.

But guess what, none of those things define me and I don’t give a shit about being a stereotype because there’s no fucking shame in liking the things you like and one of the most heart-breaking, yet subtle misogynistic views in our society is that girls think they have to be “not like other girls” to be worth something, hence, half of this post.

Those things I listed that I like, don’t even come close to all of the things I find in interest in and by saying that those things define me is a horrible over simplification and underestimation of human capacity- mostly female capacity.

Boom.

mew said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Jess you legend :)

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Nice post jess!

Y Z N said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I am a Muslim and I am an Arab!
Guess what? I am not a terrorist!
Guess what? I am very nice and respectful!
Guess what? Arabs are actually really awesome people!
Why are we seen so badly?

Miza ツ said 9 years, 7 months ago:

@@yazoo77 Because the terrorists portray themselves as Muslims and believe they are doing “jihad.” But we know its nothing but total bullshit.
Ppl like them cant have a religion.
And bcz many ppl dont even have proper knowledge of Islam ( and i dont blame them for it) and because on the mass media they see all this shit as if the Muslims were doing it,… so they dont quite understand but oh well. Wish they did.

Squidfase said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I have dreadlocks: No, I do not smoke Pot. No, I do not listen to Bob-Marley. No, I am not a hippy.

I listen to Metal: No, I do not worship demons.

I’m an Atheist: No, I do not judge you upon your religious views.

I’m Female: No, I do not want to raise a family.

I’m Pansexual: No, I do not want to sleep with you and your husband or vise versa. No, I’m not easy to get into bed.

Bodrew said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Wow, this thread really took off. Keep it coming guys! Break those stereotypes hard!

megan taylor said 9 years, 7 months ago:

There’s a lot of things that are stereotyped in the world today. Some examples to me would be; if you’re “rich”, you’re stuck up and snobby. If you’re considered “poor”, you don’t work for anything and you’re just lazy if you get assistance.

Another thing, society makes men out to be the only “players” or “the assholes”. NEWS FLASH, girls can be cruel too. Girls can mess with people’s feelings, cheat, be flirts, or be abusive too. NOT only men.

There’s so much more but lastly,
if a girl is wearing shorter shorts or a lower cut top, “she’s a slut”. If a guy takes a picture with his shirt off, “He’s a tool or a douche bag”. We don’t think about things, maybe that girl is wearing shorts because it’s hot or she just enjoys them. Maybe that guy took a shirtless picture because he’s becoming comfortable and confident in his body that maybe he worked for. We look at something, and judge it right away without even considering any other reasons. It’s horrible and things do need to be seen differently.