Audrey said 8 years, 9 months ago:

My weight loss journey is officially in the middle, but I am having trouble getting the motivation and sticking to the diet.
I went from a whopping 140kgs(310ish lbs) to 90kg(198lbs), then I hurt my back at work, fractured it actually, and I put back on about 25kgs in a year, now I need to lose about 10kgs to be able to have my surgery to get my back fixed.
So I am trying very hard to not eat the bad foods, and to eat as little as possible but ILOVEFOOD!! And I am a terrible emotional eater. Food loves me…
Looking for someone to help keep me on track, and keep my head out of the cookie jar.

rinseandrep said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Did they ask you to get to a certain weight for the operation?

It sounds like you can use a diet with refeeds or cheat meals to keep yourself sane. @lonelypudding

Hearmenow said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Hiya Audrey, that’s some good work you did, all on your own. Which tells me that you must have been doing something right already and I’m guessing because of your back problems exercise perhaps isn’t as much of an option as it used to be ( though perhaps something like swimming could be okay or just going on walks or something)

Though as I’m sure you also know ( I’ve done way to much research about this one) is that food is about 80 % of the diet, which means not to eat less but better. Though I agree with rinse above that having a cheat day where you get to have ( a controlled amount) of something you enjoy is a good idea. Also removing everything that can be a temptation in your house. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it can you? Also perhaps you’d do better with a 5 meal a day plan rather than 3, which doesn’t mean you eat more, just more often so that the hunger doesn’t really start to get in. Preparing meals beforehand is also something a lot of people do.

Also, remind yourself of the goal whenever you feel like giving in, for your health.

You’re right, exercise is almost impossible, I can go swimming but I’m a little self conscious and don’t like how I look in my swimming costume. Hopefully I find the courage soon.
My problem is I usually forget to eat, which makes me so darn hungry by the end of the day and I end up overeating which usually just makes me fall asleep.

You’re right, exercise is almost impossible, I can go swimming but I’m a little self conscious and don’t like how I look in my swimming costume. Hopefully I find the courage soon.
My problem is I usually forget to eat, which makes me so darn hungry by the end of the day and I end up overeating which usually just makes me fall asleep.