FallenHearts said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Hey, my name is Bailey. Recently, a conversation made me remember the past and realize that I had abandonment and commitment issues. I get scared in relationships, whether they are serious or not. I even stopped talking to one of my best friends because I realized that I may have liked him at the time.

Growing up, I had friends on and off. I had the period of being popular, then I became an outcast, then popular and moderate; but now I feel, even when I hang out at school with some ‘friends’, I know I cannot really consider them as friends.

Every day, for about a decade, I’ve spent my time locked inside my room without conversation. I don’t hang out with friends outside of school because I know I liked solitude. Even if I gone through four days of not talking to anybody, (summers or breaks), I feel fine with being alone in the comfort of my room. Though, four days were probably dangerous because I barely eat if I am stuck in my room alone, (cannot cook and is indecisive about food).

I do feel lonely in this environment; the need to connect with another person, but I can’t. I don’t understand most conversations with others, and I find it hard to keep up with them, (delayed reactions). Being with people emotionally scares me, and physically I’ll hesitate, sometimes.

Is this by choice? That I choose to be alone, even with friends I know I can be with? Though, they would be cast aside just like they others I had. I like the solitude, but I give myself too much. Should I try to talk to ex-friends? Or my ex-best friend I abandoned or… a friend I liked that I had dated for a few hours, but hurt because I was too embarrassed?
Or should I accept it and find a new way to not be lonely? A friend-a real friend would be nice.

ElHugger said 10 years, 4 months ago:

With me personally I am really scared when I make a new friend. If they message me on facebook and I respond and it says “Seen” I automatically assume its because they dont like me. I have really only made 2 REALLY good friends in my life. And I would sometimes ask them “Your not going to leave right?” or sometimes I will think I am annoying them or there getting bored of me.

And know since I am homeschooled I really have no social interaction. And its really starting to effect me when I go weeks at a time without any interaction other than my grandparents at dinner. I dont think I was ever popular when I was in school. I would be in the back of the room everywhere not wanting to be seen. I will always think people are judging me.

But I guess its kind of a choice thing with me aswell, because I have a few people I can hang out with. But I choose not to because I am afraid I will be hurt by them later. idk, I never replied to a post yet, I just think its something I relate too.

YouBeTheAnchorIllBeTheWings said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I think I can relate to both of you a little bit. Other than school, I don’t get much interaction with anyone but my family. My “friends” at school, are not really my friends.. just people who tolerate me (at least that’s how I feel about it). I’ll never invite anyone to do anything with me because It makes me nervous. I ask myself questions like “what if it becomes awkward?” “what if we don’t end up having a good time?”. Most of the time outings with my ‘friends’ just end up reminding me of the total catastrophe I call my social skills. A lot of the time I also feel like I’m some sort of burden,like I am an annoyance. I let myself believe that being lonely in the comfort of my room is a lot easier and therefore better than pushing myself to build relationships with people. I think for me, I am definitely lonely by choice. I need to be more proactive in my social life, in all honesty I’m tired of being so afraid and anxious. I swear I just had an epiphany lol I didn’t really know where I was going with this post, but starting tomorrow..some things need to start changing.

FallenHearts said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Nice to meet you ElHugger and YouBeTheAnchorIllBeTheWings.
I always assume the worst also, I know people judge me; I can see it in their eyes, but I try to ignore it. I believe if I ignore it, it will go away. When ‘friends’ talk either to me or each other, I tune-out or talk for a bit and look away. I figure that I sit with them because it is so I don’t feel lonely, that I actually have someone there. Those ‘friends’ at school is more like acquaintances who don’t care if I sit with them.
In my house we don’t have family dinners, we don’t even have a kitchen/dining room table anymore. We usually eat in our rooms.
Homeschooling? I always thought that was cool, I had a teacher last year who didn’t want to teach us so he signed us up for home school for that class. So that is all we did basically in that class, which was even our exam.
I hurt people, I know I do when I push them away, but it’s something that I feel I have no control over. It just happens, even when I don’t want to hurt people.
Apparently people need human interaction to sane in the world, but what about the people who cannot keep that interaction? Anyways, it’s hard to change who you are.
It’s true that you cannot force yourself to talk to others if you don’t want to, but I get what you are saying. I’m tired of being like this, I want to understand and be with them. Though it’ll be a while for that to happen.