subliminallysublime said 9 years, 1 month ago:

My philosophy teacher has these awesome daily posts he writes.Some of them really speak to me and I just wanted to share them with you all =)

Thought for the Day: Tuesday, March 17th
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to LOVE.”
Peace Good People, Happy Tuesday! As Mary Oliver says, “It’s a serious thing to be ALIVE on this fresh morning in this broken world.” Despite the haters, nay-sayers, doubters, and disbelievers, every new day comes with endless possibilities. Why not make today the day you take on the best the world has to offer? “It takes a great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.” But we have to believe there is good in the world. Not just because we want to be optimistic. Not because we see the world with rose-colored glasses. But because everything has beauty, especially in the places we are told not to look. So when you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, even in this broken world. Remember that everything is a gift. Take a moment to be grateful for this thought, this breath, this moment- and all the LOVE and BEAUTY that surrounds you. And also remember that when you seek beauty in all people and things, you will not only find it, you will become it. But you have to BELIEVE there is good in the world; that there is LOVE & BEAUTY to be found.
Despite what happened yesterday, or last week, or last year, or last whatever, each morning we are born again. “What we do today is what matters most.” Every morning starts a new page in your story. YOU are the author of your story and no one else. So make it a great one. When you wake up in the morning, shake out your pillow so all the dreams you had during the night come tumbling out. Hold fast to your dreams, but just dream with your eyes open.

subliminallysublime said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Start the day by loving yourself; it’s the first step to LOVING the world. Your next step is to LOVE the morning. It’s the first step to LOVING the day. Don’t wish one second away. EVERY MOMENT COUNTS! Anyone can slay a dragon, but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. THAT takes a real hero. So today, be your own super-hero. “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and fight for your dreams.” And when you do something good, something great, something BEAUTIFUL and nobody notices, “don’t be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” But as Hafiz says, “even after all this time the sun never says to the earth ‘You owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.” So when in doubt, stop. Breath. Cry if you must. Take it all in. There exists no miracle mightier than this: TO FEEL. That goes for the good, the bad, and the beautiful. So don’t forget that the breath you just took is a gift. You are surrounded by grace and endless love undeserved. Open yourself to it. LOVING & BREATHING are, in fact, equally important because without LOVE- the breathing is a chore. But trust that it is there. Where? Everywhere. And I know how it feels when every breath aches. I know there are times when you walk ever so slowly through the world learning to LOVE everything again for the first time. It’s those times I wish I could remind you that you are LOVED. I wish I could be there to tell you exactly the words you need to hear, because I have been there too. I know it takes courage. But as Maya Angelou says, “have the courage to trust love one more time, and always one more time.” Sometimes it feels like the world is spinning out of control. But it’s important to remember the things we can control- like forgiveness, second chances, fresh starts. Because the one thing that changes the world from a lonely place to a beautiful place is LOVE heart emoticon Love, in any of its forms, is what gives us hope. And no, you can’t control or change people. All you can do is LOVE them. It’s LOVE that changes us. You can’t measure love in time or money. You can only measure it in TRANSFORMATION. What makes you become your best self? Who do you help to become their best self? Yes, it’s love that gives us hope and changes the world. So as Martin Luther said, “Even I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” Because I believe I can change the world with the LOVE of my own two hands. And so can you! So what are you waiting for?!?! NOW… go. Be. LOVE! The world needs you NOW more than ever! Make a great day by sowing seeds of LOVE! I LOVE YOU & there’s nothing you can do about it!
love & light

Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

@rzhang That was lovely, thank you so much for sharing.