Julia said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Get to know each other by introducing yourself to the group! We’ll be a family that supports each other so let’s start by learning the members.

My name is Julia and currently I am a senior in high school. I love music, reading, and helping people out. I was formally diagnosed with “Amplified Musculoskeletal Pain Syndrome” which is a really broad term for child’s fibromyalgia/RSD/CRPS and similar disorders. I feel lucky to have been diagnosed at all, even if it’s not too specific. Currently they haven’t let me take medications that will actually work, and I am on a waiting list to be admitted to the hospital to be “formally treated”. Hopefully it will help! I also have problems with anxiety in social situations. I am working on ways to deal with my illness and want to encourage others to work through theirs.

So welcome to the group!

Bumble Bee said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Hello!
My name’s Alyssa and my mother was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis a little more than 10 years ago. We went through so much to get to this point, going to many doctors who had no idea what was wrong, having to step up and be the mother of the house at 11 years old, seeing my mom deteriorate to the point where she couldn’t even dress herself.
Now, 10 years later, we still have struggles, but we can get through it.
If anyone has a loved one with a chronic illness, I’m here to talk. :)

Julia said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is inspiring that you could take over the house for your mom and it must have been difficult to go through all that.

Feles-Mala1327 said 9 years, 6 months ago:

My names Maverick. I’m 23. Though I have a female meat suit, I identify as gender fluid and I am also pansexual. I share my house with my mum, little brother and 2 housemates. My best friend is my 4 month old puppy Crowley.
I live with several mental illnesses, and also received a double lung transplant 2 years ago due to nearly dying from necrotizing pneumonia. Aside from the mental illness being ‘invisible’, the transplant is my hidden illness. It’s not an actual illness so people don’t generally realise how it affects me. For most people who get them, a lung transplant is a new lease on life because of a pre-existing condition like CF, allowing them to do things they could never do before. However, I didn’t have a pre-existing condition…I was a normal, healthy 21 year old and I just got really sick, really quick and nearly died. The transplant saved my life, but has lowered my quality of life considerably. This is down to the medications I have to take for life, the side effects they cause, and all the rules I have to follow so as not to get sick and readmitted to hospital because I have a compromised immune system now.

Tonettanetta said 9 years, 5 months ago:

My name is Toni
I was diagnosed with permanent tendonitis and progressive nerve damage in both of my shoulders; chronic migraine, bipolar, mild panic disorder, sleep apnea, and most recently: fibrocystic breast disorder.
For the past two months, I’ve been in and out of bed due to my sleep apnea getting worse and causing nausea, more migraines, increased levels of anxiety, as well as a few other nasty side effects.
Up until I was 12, my parents never really took my concerns seriously and I had to bed them to take me to the doctor. And now, I’m 19 and have go to the doctor several times a year for treatment and a year ago I was hospitalized after a severe panic attack. Even though my family knows I go through all of this, they don’t really acknowledge it and I’m usually left to my own devices, but lately my mom has started to come around and in three weeks, I’ll be going to see an ENT to be evaluated for a respiratory obstruction. I tend to get sick a lot and for long periods of time; makes being in college difficult.
The worst part is, I inherited all but two of my problems and my other siblings are pretty much fine.