V said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I’m curious to know, when did you realize you were an introvert?

I’ve always been “shy”, but I didn’t understand until I was in college what an introvert was and that I was one! It makes so much sense now, why I “hate” people. I just can only stand them I small doses!

dwat said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I just now found out that I was one when I read this post! Wow this has completely opened my eyes.

Tintots said 4 years, 6 months ago:

when i was in grade school, boys bullied me, because i have big eyebrows and i wear braces, they called me ugly, stupid every degrading words possible, a boy even hit me with a book once.. that made me shy until the sixth grade, but when i turned 1st year high school, i changed my look, then boys became more nice, they even liked me, not until senior year that i found more confidence in myself, my friends helped me too to get through with my shyness:)

but there was this mean girl we have in our group, it was by the time we were juniors, she eats my food at lunch, even when i’m hungry she doesn’t care she eats it anyway..
now i’m in second year college, unfortunately we are in the university, when we accidentally meet, she would introduce me as her best friend to her friends… ha ha i don’t understand, she was really bully in my high school life.

Deleted User said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I am not sure, I think I grew up pretty much alone. No friends, no real family – being “different” I guess I was never into any group of people, though I never been shy.
And as much as it bothered me back then being different, I now feel comfortable and being in a place in my life I like, alone. And I accepted it.

Oli said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I’m an introvert, was bullied in secondary school because of my learning difficulties, I think I have always been an introvert, but I honestly think I became a major introvert after the hell that was secondary school, I don’t have a lot of friends, don’t really bond much with my family, in fact I don’t get along with certain members of my family.

The Giggle Blizzard said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I grew up around loads of people, my parents always took me to social gatherings and parties but I never liked it, they kept bringing me and I never learned to like it. I’ve always been introvert.

maha said 4 years, 1 month ago:

i understood i was an introvert when did the 16-personality test an i cam out to be an INTJ which is “Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging”

TheMatter said 4 years ago:

Genuinely, I hit a point where I said about 10 words a day for a whole year. It was after coming out of that struggle that I realized that I was fairly, err, introvertial, which should be a word.
I dunno, I think it’s kinda weird. People become introverts, they don’t start off as them. I’m actually of the opinion that in today’s day and age people start off as bullies and work their way into becoming a decent person.
Anyways, I basically just ended up with a friend, who then moved away from me when we changed schools, after becoming popular on a whole new scale. I was so to myself that I grew an inability to speak properly, which took months to avert. I was thinking in something that was more ideas and less words, like strings of analogue data without faces like words. It took me a good while to get to a point where I wasn’t having to translate analogue thoughts to speech semi-consciously and could actually just talk. Now it’s known amongst my classes that I’m a fair speaker and that I write poetry big time.
One way or another I prefer to stay inside. I’m not agoraphobic or scared of talking to people or anything like that, so I guess I’m an introvert. I just choose to let the people that don’t care about me not care about me, and the people that do care about me to care about me, and so I can do what I want. I write and play games and watch movies and talk to people. In here I don’t get hurt. Out there, it’s a frontier.
So it was at the point where I was invited out by that same old friend for her birthday that I realized that maybe getting out more would be healthy. I did that for a couple of years and now I guess I just gave it a shot and it’s not for me, this going out for a day with people I don’t really know or give a damn about.

Eh.

Miss Cupcakeface said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I think I found out in late high school or early college or sometime in between. It was so mind blowing I still remember the moment when it happened. I think I read something online about introverts and it all made perfect sense! I just thought I was strange, but I was an introvert all along. I thought I was weird all my life, but I’m perfectly normal!

Asphyxiated-Arson said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I think I’ve known all along, as I’ve never been able to get really close to people. Everything I talk about is very superficial, nothing about feelings or whatnot. A big clue is also the fact I like to express myself through a diary. Deffo introverted through and through.

paradise said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve always been introverted, even as a kid, and I’ve been punished, made a joke of, and segregated for it. And you know what, I think I’m okay with it. Some people just don’t understand. I’m not depressed or bitter, I just find comfort in quiet solitude

Cbind said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I always knew. I acted different than everyone else. It’s not that I was anti-social, I just don’t want to socialize.

TheFinaste said 3 years, 11 months ago:

It wasn’t until last year that I was introduced to this (now quite widespread) categorization of people in two large groups: the introverts and the extroverts. I have been struggling to figure out whether I belonged in the first or the latter category. I am coming to the conclusion that there is no such thing as introverts and extroverts. Let me explain why:

The system used to categorize people in these two categories is very similar to a system that categorizes all colors as either black or white, according to how bright or dark the color is, ignoring all shades of grey. The categories of introverts and extroverts are characterized by a series of adjectives and common behaviors commonly associated with one or the other. However, as I am sure you all noticed, most people won’t possess all the adjectives of one or the other category, rather some from one side and some from the other. Sometimes one side prevails, and people will say “Oh I belong in this category” some other times the other side will prevail and the opposite will be said. In some situations one side describes us best; other times the opposite is true. We go through times in our lives when we really need to be alone… and times when we really need to spend time with someone and feel lonely.

Or at least, that’s what happens to me and a number of people I know.

I think one of the main reasons why the categorization took place is because people enjoy carrying a flag, identifying themselves and others with a certain group and claiming its characteristics to be their own.

But it most often isn’t so. I myself think I possess most qualities of introverts… and most qualities of extroverts… depending on the environment, situation, people around me and my mood in general. I don’t think that makes me bipolar nor puts me under any other medical condition. I don’t change my mind often either, and I usually stick with people and tasks I like for a long time.

We are far too complex to label ourselves in black and white, and nobody is a true introvert nor a true extrovert, we are all different shades of an unpredictable grey.

The Curious One said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I realized in middle school, when suddenly there were soo many people all are me and i wasn’t shy to them, i just didn’t want to be around them all at once all day long.

Whatflowersareatmyfeet said 3 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve always been an introvert, but I used to just think of myself as being shy or weird or lacking confidence.

Since I read this, I’ve thought of myself more as an introvert. The resemblance to my own thoughts, feelings, and behaviours is uncanny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/introverts-signs-am-i-introverted_n_3721431.html