Fairytalesandspiderwebs said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’m about to start my second year at a community college. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do. I love being away from home but at the same time, I feel really weird when I’m on campus. There’s not peaceful spot for me to just go to and relax and unwind to get away from everyone and that really bothers me. Last year was awful in the respect. I’d often have anxiety and trouble studying and sleeping because of loudness or too many people being in the area I stayed in. I’m trying to get a private room so that I can have some peace but the housing office said I may not be able to because the halls at crowded. Any suggestions on what I can do to feel better? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Levi-UR said 9 years, 9 months ago:

well as an introvert who is in his second year of community college yes, i get where you are coming from. I found a few places that were awesome for me but the ting with them is that most were outside. So first most colleges have a botanical gardens section or a greenhouse or some other place to keep the plants on a nice day i would hang out there. second if you can find a classroom that is not being used you can set up shop there for a bit. Worst case scenario they will ask you to leave but so long as you are not breaking anything they should be fine with it. You have probably already tried the library but I still have to suggest it. Finaly if you are in a public place try listening to music and or meditating. No, I’m not kidding it works, it helps you slow down lock out outside distractions and it helps relax muscles. here is a link for a few useful meditation breathing techniques:http://taoism.about.com/od/bodycultivation/a/Abdominal_Breathing.htm
good luck and PM if you need to talk.