noworries1620 said 10 years ago:

Parents go drinking EVERY weekend and no one bats an eye. I smoke a J when the kids go to bed and I am a shitty parent. I smoke weed so I must be a bad person.

Anyone else being judged by family?

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

My grandma asked me a week ago, like, is it addictive? Meaning pot. And I say: “Nah, I haven’t been smoking for like 2 month”. And grandma is like: “Well, maybe you should quit alltogether?” And I’m like: grandma, how often do you drink your coffee? (my grandparents are grossly coffee people). And she’s like “3 times a day”. And I’m like “DAYM GRANDMA! And you telling me to quit pot? I mean, everyone chooses his own stimulant, you enjoy coffee, a plant that grows in South America, I enjoy weed, also a plant, what’s the difference?”
Alltogether, I found a way of lowering the levels of judgement from my family by educating them on the subject. Judgement, prejudice – they come from ignorance. If you tell it like it is, if you demonstrate, if you act like a reasonable adult and not like a teenage delinquent hippie hooligan, they listen. The 60′s, the 70′s and especially the 80′s scared our ancestors. It’s up to us to unscare them.